August Carriage Agreements

Highlighted
Expert

August Carriage Agreements

From the link below:

Notice appearing in USA today on August 13, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

August 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after August 2013: MBC America (channel 3643), and Star India Plus (Channel 3706).

In addition, effective August 1st, Halogen HD (channel 1492) was renamed Pivot HD and moved from the HD Premium Tier to U300 and above packaging.

Effective on or after August 17th, Speed (channel 652 and 1652 in HD) is being renamed FOX Sports 1 and Fuel (channel 651) is being renamed FOX Sports 2.

September 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after September 2013: HITN (channel 3055) and ShopNBC (channel 424).

Effective on or after September 2, Fox Soccer Channel (channel 654 and 1654) is being renamed FXX.

Effective on or after September 22st, Longhorn Network (channel 609 and 1609 in HD) will be repackaged from U200 to U300 in all markets in Oklahoma.

Effective on or after September 23, FX (channel 128) will move to channel 129, and FXX (channel 654 and 1654) will be moving to channel 128 and 1128 in HD.

October 2013:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after October 2013: MGM HD (channel 1116 in HD).

As well as the following local channels:

(1) For Alabama, in the Florence area, WHAS (channel 11 and 1011 in HD);

(2) For Florida, in the West Palm Beach area, WPTV (channel 5 and 1005 in HD);

(3) For Michigan, in the Detroit area, WXYZ (channel 7 and 1007 in HD);

(4) For Missouri, in the Kansas City area, KMCI (channel 38 and 1038 in HD) and KSHB (channel 41 and 1041 in HD);

(5) For Ohio, in the Cleveland area, WEWS (channel 5 and 1005 in HD);

(6) For Oklahoma, in the Tulsa area, KJRH (channel 2 and 1002 in HD);

(7) For Tennessee, in the Knoxville area, WKNX (channel 7 and 1007 in HD) and WBXX-TV (channel 20 and 1020 in HD).

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

Message 1 of 12
Scholar

Re: August Carriage Agreements

Not to much carriage news just a lot of news of the rebranding of Fox channels which we already new was coming i can't wait to see the new Fox Sports channels .
Message 2 of 12

I wonder why FX is moving from 128 to 129 just so FXX can move to 128?  Why not leave FX at 128 and move FXX to 129 instead?  After all, you don't see U-Verse moving Fox Sports 1 to 651 and Fox Sports 2 to 652.

Also, I don't see any mention of adding Pac-12 Network, but then again, do they usually annuonce new channels in these carriage agreement messages?

Message 3 of 12

I had the same thoughts on FX and FXX. And no they do not include new channels in the carriage agreement notifications.
Message 4 of 12

codycooper864 wrote:
I had the same thoughts on FX and FXX. And no they do not include new channels in the carriage agreement notifications.

What new channels?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 12
ACE - Professor

That Don Guy wrote:

I wonder why FX is moving from 128 to 129 just so FXX can move to 128?  Why not leave FX at 128 and move FXX to 129 instead?  After all, you don't see U-Verse moving Fox Sports 1 to 651 and Fox Sports 2 to 652.

Also, I don't see any mention of adding Pac-12 Network, but then again, do they usually annuonce new channels in these carriage agreement messages?

That is most curious indeed about FX and FXX.

I think new channels just show up. They're either live or we get the "coming soon" screen. We'll see about Pac-12 soon enough.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 12
Scholar

Yikes - if they move FX, I/we will have to go back in and re-set-up series recordings for all our FX shows.    Smiley Sad   NOOOOOO!

Message 7 of 12
ACE - Professor

bri_man_65 wrote:

Yikes - if they move FX, I/we will have to go back in and re-set-up series recordings for all our FX shows.    Smiley Sad   NOOOOOO!

Well, I would say this takes about two minutes.

Then, I realized I have version 2.x of the operating system...which takes about two minutes to do one command.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 12

Oufanindallas-

Someone mentioned that the new carriage agreements didn't mention the addition of the Pac-12 Network and I was just commenting that a new channel like Pac-12 would not be mentioned in a carriage agreement release.
Message 9 of 12
Expert

bri_man_65 wrote:

No, you would not have to set them up again,  The new channel numbers will automatically update.  This have been the case with the other channel number changes that have occurred.

Message 10 of 12
ACE - Professor

texasguy37 wrote:

bri_man_65 wrote:

No, you would not have to set them up again,  The new channel numbers will automatically update.  This have been the case with the other channel number changes that have occurred.

To add to what you said, though, some shows, such as It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, are moving from FX to FXX, so those would have to set up to record on the new FXX channel.

http://www.sfgate.com/tv/article/FX-bulking-up-appeal-with-FXX-its-3rd-channel-4706481.php

Message 11 of 12
ACE - Professor

This is just a casual reminder that the FX & FXX channel swap will be happening very soon.
Message 12 of 12
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support