Att Uverse and TimeCapsule

Contributor

Att Uverse and TimeCapsule

I just switched from Time Warner to Uverse and they just came and installed the MotoNVG589 which has wirelss connectivity to my 2 other TV's so I cannot use my TimeCapsule  in the same way was I used to with Time Warner.  I have the TimeCapsule downstairs which was used as wireless router connected to a Timewarner modem in the closet.  I also have an Airport Extreme upstairs in the game room.  

Currently I have the MOTO NVG589 in a wire closet where all my Cat5's drop into a switch into the NVG589

One of the cat5 cables in the family room goes into the TC.  Internet connectivity that is cabled into the back of the TC for example Apple TV works perfectly, but when I try to connect wireless items like iPads and macbooks, the connectivity is at a stand still and are super slow. 

I was on the phone with the paid tech services of ATT and they blamed the issue on the line coming into my home, which is crap.  When I am sitting next to the Moto NVG589 in the closet connectivity is fine, but in other places of the home it is poor.  Which is why I want to use the TC's wireless functionality to extend my wireless coverage and then my additional airport extreme upstairs. 

To summarize, I want to use my TC together with my Moto NVG589 to extend coverage across the entire house.

Please advise.

Thank you.

cp

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Att Uverse and TimeCapsule

I would check the default gateway and DNS settings for your TC.  Also make sure that if possible that it is not serving DHCP to your network and let it all happen through the Moto device.  If your TC has "wifi isolation" you might try making sure that is turned off too.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support