Are the On-Demand programs available with the Basic Package?

Teacher

Are the On-Demand programs available with the Basic Package?

OK - I'm trying to set up / simplify my family's existence for 2014.  One area I'd like to streamline and save some money is on my UVerse spending.

With my current bill running about $170 per month for U-200, 3 recievers, a land line, and internet service, I'm looking to cut back.

I'm thinking about cutting back to the Basic package for TV, ditching the U-200 service.  My question is as follows - if I cut back to the Basic level, are the On-Demand programs still available?

Steve.

Message 1 of 5 (412 Views)
Employee

Re: Are the On-Demand programs available with the Basic Package?

While not positive, I am thinking NO.
The Basic is local channels, NO DVR INCLUDED, may rent a DVR for $15 per month

Are you currently in a promotion?
U200 $74, Max Plus (18/1.5) $56, unlimited VOIP $35 discount ($51) subtotal $114
Added HD FEE $10, (3) receivers @$7 ea ($21), HSIA $6, local TV $1.99 subtotal $153
Taxes,fees about $168.

Dropping to Basic without DVR saves $55 per month, with DVR save $40
Dropping to Ufamily saves $15

Do you need 4 TVs on basic? Each receiver in 2014 is $8, each reduction in HSIA saves $5

I understand your goals, I find it amazing how much we spent on outside food and beverage for 3 people.
To save $5/day is my goal between packing lunch, versus buying AND not buying the beverage when stopping for gas
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (366 Views)
Highlighted

You will have access to the channels that are included in your package as well as the ability to rent on demand movies. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 5 (351 Views)
Teacher

Thanks.  I currently have the U-200 service, so I have the 3 receivers, one of which is the DVR.

Just so I understand clearly, If I scale back to Basic, I will lose access to much of the On-Demand content that is available to me now?

I'm mostly thinking of the shows my kids like to watch On-Demand (Phineas and Ferb, Spongebob, etc).

Steve.

Message 4 of 5 (310 Views)

Jetmugg wrote:

Thanks.  I currently have the U-200 service, so I have the 3 receivers, one of which is the DVR.

Just so I understand clearly, If I scale back to Basic, I will lose access to much of the On-Demand content that is available to me now?

I'm mostly thinking of the shows my kids like to watch On-Demand (Phineas and Ferb, Spongebob, etc).

Steve.

You will lose your DVR with UBasic as well as pretty much ever other channel you have.  UBasic is pretty much just your local channels.  No Disney, Nick, Cartoon Network, Hub, etc.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 5 (277 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.