Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 19, 2013
11:58:19 AM
View profile
Appointment time changed without notification.

I signed up for the power tier last night and selected the available install time for this morning between 0900-1100.  I moved some stuff around on my schedule since I work from home and wouldn't have internet while the tech was installing.  When I woke up this morning and logged in to check order status i saw it had been updated to 12/23 between 0900-1100 without any notification of any sort.  Needless to say this is inconvienent enough.  HOWEVER, this is the second time that I tried to order power and the second time this had happened. Same thing, so 2 days of lost work.  I even confirmed with customer care on twitter that this wouldn't be an issue again this time.  I've tried using general customer support and they aren't being very helpful and I can't get a response out of customer care on twitter.  Any one have any suggestions of another avenue I can try?

I signed up for the power tier last night and selected the available install time for this morning between 0900-1100.  I moved some stuff around on my schedule since I work from home and wouldn't have internet while the tech was installing.  When I woke up this morning and logged in to check order status i saw it had been updated to 12/23 between 0900-1100 without any notification of any sort.  Needless to say this is inconvienent enough.  HOWEVER, this is the second time that I tried to order power and the second time this had happened. Same thing, so 2 days of lost work.  I even confirmed with customer care on twitter that this wouldn't be an issue again this time.  I've tried using general customer support and they aren't being very helpful and I can't get a response out of customer care on twitter.  Any one have any suggestions of another avenue I can try?

Appointment time changed without notification.

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 1:27:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Click on the hyperlink in my sig and send a PM to AT&T customer care. They are escalation team that can helpyou get this issue resolved quickly so watch the envelope at the top forum page for notification because they will contact you via PM as well.  Give them info and the issue you are having.

Click on the hyperlink in my sig and send a PM to AT&T customer care. They are escalation team that can helpyou get this issue resolved quickly so watch the envelope at the top forum page for notification because they will contact you via PM as well.  Give them info and the issue you are having.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Appointment time changed without notification.

2 of 7 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 1:31:27 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi apfpilot,

I greatly apologize about the issues you are having with your internet speed upgrade. I will be happy to look into this for you to see what the issue is. I will have someone from my team send you a private message to get your account information, so be on the look out for it.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi apfpilot,

I greatly apologize about the issues you are having with your internet speed upgrade. I will be happy to look into this for you to see what the issue is. I will have someone from my team send you a private message to get your account information, so be on the look out for it.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 7 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 5:25:34 PM
(0)
Employee
To expect an install within 24 hours or less of ordering I would think is unrealistic.
Most Uverse installs are 2 to 3 weeks out, and at times in past have been 4 to 6 weeks depending on area.

To receive notification of install date for 12-23, about a week I think is very good.
To expect an install within 24 hours or less of ordering I would think is unrealistic.
Most Uverse installs are 2 to 3 weeks out, and at times in past have been 4 to 6 weeks depending on area.

To receive notification of install date for 12-23, about a week I think is very good.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 7:43:44 PM
(0)
Teacher

Just wanted to follow up and say that David T. here is the man!  He reached out and all looks to be on track!

Just wanted to follow up and say that David T. here is the man!  He reached out and all looks to be on track!

5 of 7 (371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 1:46:05 PM
(0)
Community Manager

That's great to hear, thank you so much for sharing!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

That's great to hear, thank you so much for sharing!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (335 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 8:58:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

Since I feel that it is just as important to point out when something goes correctly as when it goes wrong.  I wanted to give a quick kudos to David T. and my install tech from today Aaron.  Showed up smack on time at the start of the window, called the correct number that I had left (not my wife who was sleeping's cell phone!) and was VERY professional in his work and was done in way less than the 3-4 hours I was told to expect.  Great recovery to all involved and I continue to be a happy Uverse customer. 

Happy Holidays All!

Since I feel that it is just as important to point out when something goes correctly as when it goes wrong.  I wanted to give a quick kudos to David T. and my install tech from today Aaron.  Showed up smack on time at the start of the window, called the correct number that I had left (not my wife who was sleeping's cell phone!) and was VERY professional in his work and was done in way less than the 3-4 hours I was told to expect.  Great recovery to all involved and I continue to be a happy Uverse customer. 

Happy Holidays All!

7 of 7 (301 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments