Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 28, 2013
11:44:12 AM
View profile
Apple Airport Extreme network port forwarding to NVG510

I had my home network, Apple airport extreme setup to let me access my security cameras thru port forwarding on my old 'DSL line. The modem then was a Speedstream 5100 and I was told it was wide open. So all the security and firewall was on my airport extreme I think.

I was recently switched to Uverse and like everyone else there was no manual provided. It was setup by an ATT tech who made changes to my Airport Exteme home network.

I can no longer access the security cameras from outside the home network. Im a senior with few technecial skills and setting up the port forwarding was a challenge for me. I would hope to not have to do it all over again.

Can the NVGG510 just pass thhrough to the Apple wireless router? Or do I have to do the port forwarding setup all over again to the NVG510? I would like to keep on using the two airports as a range booster as I currently have two working in a wide area distribution network together.

Can someone please walk me through a fix?

I had my home network, Apple airport extreme setup to let me access my security cameras thru port forwarding on my old 'DSL line. The modem then was a Speedstream 5100 and I was told it was wide open. So all the security and firewall was on my airport extreme I think.

I was recently switched to Uverse and like everyone else there was no manual provided. It was setup by an ATT tech who made changes to my Airport Exteme home network.

I can no longer access the security cameras from outside the home network. Im a senior with few technecial skills and setting up the port forwarding was a challenge for me. I would hope to not have to do it all over again.

Can the NVGG510 just pass thhrough to the Apple wireless router? Or do I have to do the port forwarding setup all over again to the NVG510? I would like to keep on using the two airports as a range booster as I currently have two working in a wide area distribution network together.

Can someone please walk me through a fix?

Apple Airport Extreme network port forwarding to NVG510

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 1:50:38 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi dawa106,

I apologize about all the inconveniences with your security cameras, but luckily, there is a way to get this setup. To do so:

Connect a computer into one of the Ethernet ports on the back of the NVG510 using an Ethernet cable. Use another Ethernet cable to connect the WAN port of the 3rd party router to another of the Ethernet ports of the NVG510.

1. Open your browser and browse to 192.168.1.254
  2. Under the Device section next to status click on "Device List"
  3. Your IP Address/Name of your Computer and 3rd party router should show up in this list as the only two connected devices.
  4. Write down or copy the IP address and Mac Address from the Device list of your 3rd party router
  5. Click "Firewall" click on "IP Passthrough"
  6. Under the IP Passthrough section fill in the following
    Allocation Mode: Passthrough
    Passthrough Mode: DHCPS-Fixed
    Passthrough Fixed MAC Address: (Mac address of the device from the Device List)
  7. Click "Save" at the bottom and power cycle the NVG510 and the 3rd party router.

Hopefully, that helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi dawa106,

I apologize about all the inconveniences with your security cameras, but luckily, there is a way to get this setup. To do so:

Connect a computer into one of the Ethernet ports on the back of the NVG510 using an Ethernet cable. Use another Ethernet cable to connect the WAN port of the 3rd party router to another of the Ethernet ports of the NVG510.

1. Open your browser and browse to 192.168.1.254
  2. Under the Device section next to status click on "Device List"
  3. Your IP Address/Name of your Computer and 3rd party router should show up in this list as the only two connected devices.
  4. Write down or copy the IP address and Mac Address from the Device list of your 3rd party router
  5. Click "Firewall" click on "IP Passthrough"
  6. Under the IP Passthrough section fill in the following
    Allocation Mode: Passthrough
    Passthrough Mode: DHCPS-Fixed
    Passthrough Fixed MAC Address: (Mac address of the device from the Device List)
  7. Click "Save" at the bottom and power cycle the NVG510 and the 3rd party router.

Hopefully, that helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Apple Airport Extreme network port forwarding to NVG510

2 of 2 (1,010 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments