Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 1, 2013
9:18:19 AM
Apple Airport Extreme (NEW) and 3800HGV-B

Hi

I have been reading and messing with settings and still nothing! I am trying to use the new Airport Extreme with the guest network but I cannot get the AE to connect to the internet. It keeps connecting with limited access and it won't work. Any suggestions? Im willing to factory reset everything to start over.

Hi

I have been reading and messing with settings and still nothing! I am trying to use the new Airport Extreme with the guest network but I cannot get the AE to connect to the internet. It keeps connecting with limited access and it won't work. Any suggestions? Im willing to factory reset everything to start over.

Apple Airport Extreme (NEW) and 3800HGV-B

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 12:50:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

Wow, nobody knows? 

Wow, nobody knows? 

Re: Apple Airport Extreme (NEW) and 3800HGV-B

2 of 6 (491 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 5:39:36 AM
(0)
Expert

See the following post for instructions to set up your own router using the DMZPlus feature:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth...

See the following post for instructions to set up your own router using the DMZPlus feature:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/m-p/2707755#M182

3 of 6 (478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 4:14:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah I have followed that, and I keep getting limited access on the AE so I am forced to connect to the RG

Yeah I have followed that, and I keep getting limited access on the AE so I am forced to connect to the RG

4 of 6 (449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 4:22:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

I refreshed the broadband IP address and somehow got wireless on my AE. I unchecked router behind router before doing this so it isn't enabled, will this be an issue? Also, if anyone is familiar with the AE, I can't configure it. I plug it in through a LAN port and it finds it but says plug it in to the WAN port, when I do that it can no longer find it. Any suggestions?

I refreshed the broadband IP address and somehow got wireless on my AE. I unchecked router behind router before doing this so it isn't enabled, will this be an issue? Also, if anyone is familiar with the AE, I can't configure it. I plug it in through a LAN port and it finds it but says plug it in to the WAN port, when I do that it can no longer find it. Any suggestions?

5 of 6 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 8:02:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You would plug the WAN port of the AE into one of the four LAN ports of the 3800HGV-B if you wish to use it as a router.  If you just want to use it as an access point, you would plug the LAN port of the AE into a LAN port of the 3800HGV-B.

See post 2 in this thread for the former.  See post 13 in this thread for the latter.

Oh, I see SomeJoe has already referred you to that thread.

You would plug the WAN port of the AE into one of the four LAN ports of the 3800HGV-B if you wish to use it as a router.  If you just want to use it as an access point, you would plug the LAN port of the AE into a LAN port of the 3800HGV-B.

See post 2 in this thread for the former.  See post 13 in this thread for the latter.

Oh, I see SomeJoe has already referred you to that thread.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (421 Views)