Anyone know where to find the VIP2250 owners manual? the installers did not leave one.

Tutor

Anyone know where to find the VIP2250 owners manual? the installers did not leave one.

Anyone know where to find the VIP2250 owners manual?  the installers did not leave one.

Message 1 of 13 (3,048 Views)
Professor

Re: Anyone know where to find the VIP2250 owners manual? the installers did not leave one.

What are you wanting to know about it?

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Anyone know where to find the VIP2250 owners manual? the installers did not leave one.

[ Edited ]

I got a one via UPS for a self-install and the only thing in the box was instructions on how to hook up the wires.

Edit to add:  I did find this

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 13 (2,982 Views)
Tutor

Yes I found that also.  That jsut brings more questions...  Such as what is the "Ethernet 10/100Base-T RJ-45 port for IP video output" for and how can I leverage it?  Does this mean I can watch video over IP on my computer by pointing my browser to a specifc ip/port?    

Message 4 of 13 (2,906 Views)
Tutor

What can I use the "Ethernet 10/100Base-T RJ-45 port for IP video output" for?  Can i point my browser to a specific ip/port and get streaming video?    

Message 5 of 13 (2,905 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Edit to correct my answer which was wrong.  Sorry.  Smiley Embarassed

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 13 (2,902 Views)
ACE - Master

No the ethernet port can not be used for IP video out.  It is used to connect the STB to the network in a non COAX environment.  If your STB is connected via COAX you can use the ethernet port for another device to access the internet such as a DVR, video game console, computer, etc. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 7 of 13 (2,848 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

BeeBeeSA wrote:

No the ethernet port can not be used for IP video out.  It is used to connect the STB to the network in a non COAX environment.  If your STB is connected via COAX you can use the ethernet port for another device to access the internet such as a DVR, video game console, computer, etc. 

You can, but it is totally unsupported, and can cause issues with the video / audio. Low throughput stuff like BlueRay network connections, and game consoles (for games, not streaming movies) tend to be OK. "It would be Bad" to hang a switch off the back and pump every other Ethernet device through it. It would be especially Bad to hang a PC running BItorrent off the back of the STB/DVR.

Regardless of the setup, if you''re having issues, any auxillary stuff should be disconnected to ensure it is not interfering.

And, BTW: here's a link to the manual in PDF format, you can save it locally and download it. It was my understanding that the Tech should have left one for you.   http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/VIP2200_Series_Installation_Manual_576400_001d_Re...

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 13 (2,793 Views)
Contributor

btw, this is not what I would call a manual, it's the installation guide. Is there a full-blown manual for the VIP2250. For example, the remote looks to be universal/learning. Do you know where is a list of codes for programming the remote (instruction manual)? (etc., etc.) Manual... big... many more than 12 pages. ;-)
Message 9 of 13 (1,847 Views)
Expert

ddawsonb wrote:
btw, this is not what I would call a manual, it's the installation guide. Is there a full-blown manual for the VIP2250. For example, the remote looks to be universal/learning. Do you know where is a list of codes for programming the remote (instruction manual)? (etc., etc.) Manual... big... many more than 12 pages. ;-)

There is no remote specially for the VIP2250.  The same remote works with any of the U-verse DVR's and STB's.  If you want to program the remote, you can do it from your TV:  MENU > Help > Remote Control Setup

What else would you like to know?

Message 10 of 13 (1,842 Views)
Guru

texasguy37 wrote:

ddawsonb wrote:

There is no remote specially for the VIP2250.  The same remote works with any of the U-verse DVR's and STB's.  If you want to program the remote, you can do it from your TV:  MENU > Help > Remote Control Setup

What else would you like to know?

How long has the remote control setup been there. I never noticed it before

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 11 of 13 (1,792 Views)
Employee

There is no user manual that comes with the equipment, there are HELP videos on channel 411 that covers customer usages.
If received a new DVR via shipment and having issues connecting to your TV may request a tech visit at 1-800-288-2020.

The back of set top boxes have
1) a power connection (input)
2) a coax to TV connection (output)
3) a A/V connection (output)
4) a component (5) connection (output)
5) a HDMI connection (output)
6) a Coax in connection (note not found on wifi stab)
7) an Ethernet connection (input)
On front of box a USB connection for the RF remote ( order from website $60)
The standard remote us infrared and needs line of sight.
For how to program remotes http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB407920&cv=803
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 13 (1,786 Views)
Expert

Kong57 wrote:

How long has the remote control setup been there. I never noticed it before

It's been there at least a couple of years.

Message 13 of 13 (1,768 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.