Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 25, 2013
2:52:28 PM
View profile
Anyone else been out of service since Aug. 20?
We lost service Aug. 20 and learned after calling in that there was a network outage that should be fixed within 12-24 hours.

We are new to the area and Uverse - are outages like this common? Anyone else effected? What's the longest outage anyone has experienced?

We also received a variety of answers throughout the week as to the problem.

Day 2 - called to check and they said it was a problem with our system and scheduled a tech.

Day 3 - cancelled tech 30 minutes prior to his arrival window and said network outage

Day 4 - called again and was told this network outage is affecting a good portion of Kansas and should be fixed within 24 hours.

Day 5&6 - still no service, and no updates
We lost service Aug. 20 and learned after calling in that there was a network outage that should be fixed within 12-24 hours.

We are new to the area and Uverse - are outages like this common? Anyone else effected? What's the longest outage anyone has experienced?

We also received a variety of answers throughout the week as to the problem.

Day 2 - called to check and they said it was a problem with our system and scheduled a tech.

Day 3 - cancelled tech 30 minutes prior to his arrival window and said network outage

Day 4 - called again and was told this network outage is affecting a good portion of Kansas and should be fixed within 24 hours.

Day 5&6 - still no service, and no updates

Anyone else been out of service since Aug. 20?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 3:14:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

5 days is highly unusual...truth be told, I'd be freaking out. 

After 24 hours I'd be calling every hour on the hour!  Make sure you get credit for the days you've been without service.

5 days is highly unusual...truth be told, I'd be freaking out. 

After 24 hours I'd be calling every hour on the hour!  Make sure you get credit for the days you've been without service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Anyone else been out of service since Aug. 20?

2 of 4 (340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 4:12:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Zoe97 - I think if I were in your position I would call once or twice a day. When there is a widespread outage you are in a precarious position. Everyone thinks you are part of that outage. That is just one possibility. Let me tell about my son's recent experience with his phone to illustrate.

His phone had no dial tone & busy when called.
I reported it we got a clearance expected by tomorrow at 8.
That changed to a system outage & a couple of more days. We did see trucks working the lines & knew others were out.
But, it did not clear & dragged on. He asked if he should call again. Thinking "system outage", I said no.
He got to talk to a tech working the problem. She said his line was fixed & the report closed, but would check on it. She did & said the "new change" was bad & put in another trouble ticket.

Bottom line - a change could not work, or your problem could be instead of, or in addition to, the widespread outage. Only you know if you are without service. If you happen to be out during a widespread outage, you will not get individual testing & you will be "cleared" with the rest of the herd.

Outright outages are unusual, Service with problems is more common, but still unusual (low percentage).
Zoe97 - I think if I were in your position I would call once or twice a day. When there is a widespread outage you are in a precarious position. Everyone thinks you are part of that outage. That is just one possibility. Let me tell about my son's recent experience with his phone to illustrate.

His phone had no dial tone & busy when called.
I reported it we got a clearance expected by tomorrow at 8.
That changed to a system outage & a couple of more days. We did see trucks working the lines & knew others were out.
But, it did not clear & dragged on. He asked if he should call again. Thinking "system outage", I said no.
He got to talk to a tech working the problem. She said his line was fixed & the report closed, but would check on it. She did & said the "new change" was bad & put in another trouble ticket.

Bottom line - a change could not work, or your problem could be instead of, or in addition to, the widespread outage. Only you know if you are without service. If you happen to be out during a widespread outage, you will not get individual testing & you will be "cleared" with the rest of the herd.

Outright outages are unusual, Service with problems is more common, but still unusual (low percentage).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (322 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 10:40:28 AM
(0)
Guru
Checked with a buddy at ATT. There's only 1 outage in KS currently which is only affecting 31 customers and was reported about an hour ago. No ongoing outages in your area. There were also a few issues with VoD and recording, but no straight OOS issues except for the 31 customers.
Checked with a buddy at ATT. There's only 1 outage in KS currently which is only affecting 31 customers and was reported about an hour ago. No ongoing outages in your area. There were also a few issues with VoD and recording, but no straight OOS issues except for the 31 customers.

4 of 4 (261 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments