Any change in using Static IP behind your our router?

Tutor

Any change in using Static IP behind your our router?

It's been a while since I checked, but has there been any firmware updates or newer 2wire gateways that will aloow you to use your stic IP behind your own router?

Message 1 of 3 (296 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Any change in using Static IP behind your our router?

You can purchase a block of static IP addresses from AT&T as a service with U-verse and configure them behind the RG.  However, each static IP address must have its own MAC address.

You can also use static private IP addresses inside your own network all you want.

Niether of these is a recent change, though, so I'm not sure what you're looking for.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (271 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Any change in using Static IP behind your our router?

[ Edited ]

I think you answered it.

Was looking to see if the 2Wire's firmare ever got fixes. It doesn't like another router behind it if that router is hosting more than 1 static IP due its 1 MAC per IP limitation.

Message 3 of 3 (267 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.