Any Smart People Here

Mentor

Any Smart People Here

Line is clear and modem stats look good but for some reason ATT can't seem to fix a lag issue that this whole town is experiencing.  I vpn to work and even I lose connection to my vpn any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
Mentor

Re: Any Smart People Here

This has got to be something ATT is overlooking.

Message 2 of 11
ACE - Expert

kcarpenter wrote:

Line is clear and modem stats look good but for some reason ATT can't seem to fix a lag issue that this whole town is experiencing.  I vpn to work and even I lose connection to my vpn any ideas?

No, but if one shows up, we'll try to let you know.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
Mentor

That's not very helpful.

Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I have AT&T Uverse internet at home and the only real lag issues I see seem to be DNS related.  When I set my computer to use the DNS servers I prefer (Level 3, Google, OpenDNS, etc.), I don't seem to have any lag issues at all.

Since you seem to have alreay diagnosed the issue, perhaps you could provide the details as to how you determined that the lag that you seem to be experiencing is something that AT&T has overlooked.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 11
Mentor

I have numerous screenshots of packet loss along with about 15 other people that I go to church with(small town) that have the same issue as me.

Message 6 of 11
ACE - Expert

And if you'd stayed in one of your original threads instead of opening a new one, that information would have been available so that you wouldn't have had to repeat yourself in this thread.

Please do keep us informed of what's going on, because we are genuinely interested, but we'll all be in better shape if you (a) refrain from insulting the community, (b) keep additional postings about the same issue in one topic, and (c) keep working with the U-verse Support Escalation group ( AT&T logoU-verse Customer Service link ), because they're your best advocates in getting this situation addressed by the network engineers that need to be fixing this.

I hope that you've shared this information about the 15 other people, including specific dates/times, results (IP address, drop rates, etc.) to the U-verse team by PM so that they can pass that on to the engineers.

Message 7 of 11
Community Support

We greatly apologize about the inconveniences, and will continue to work on this issue and try to see if we can locate what is causing this intermittent connection. One thing definitely worth trying is GeekBoy's suggestion with using a different DNS. Let us know how it goes, and I will definitely keep you posted as I hear more.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 11
Tutor

I have sent screen shots to several people from ATT.  The tech I'm working with has this along with the customers.  Higher ups keep saying that everything is fine but obviously it's not I don't know how many tests I've sent buy can't get an explanation or anything but I'm still paying my bill on time and would like to know whats going on I mean this has been going on 6 weeks.

Message 9 of 11
ACE - Expert

xcaptkirk, Are you one of kcarpenter's neighbors, or do you have a similar, but not necessarily directly related, problem?

Message 10 of 11
Mentor

Well found out that the tech tried it from the CO and he got the same issue.  So I know I was right about where the problem was.

Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support