Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Another client has the SDB write lock

Contributor

Another client has the SDB write lock

I had u verse voice and internet installed today.  I log into my NVG510 router ok.  I want to turn wireless off but everytime i try i get a message saying Another client has the SDB write lock.  Can anyone help me with this?

Message 1 of 6
Teacher

Re: Another client has the SDB write lock

panther, I would suggest you remove all other devices connected to the RG (Residential Gateway: NVG510) except one, then I'd restart my RG and try again, that should help solve the issue, if it doesn't then I'd contact support with the issue  or if you want to post the results of doing so I'd love to know.

Another alternative is to RESET the RG by holding down the RED button on the back of the unit for approx 20 secs (I'd say 10 but 20 includes the assurance that it is truly reset) and let it restart by itself and try again.

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

OK, but can you please explain why after disconnecting all other devices, resetting the NVG510, flushing the cache on the browser (Firefox) and then logging into the NVG510 I *still* get the error message: " error

Another client has the SDB write lock"??  Seems to me ATT has gone waaay overboard with respect to 'locking in' their clients through nefarious restrictions (ex. NVG510 has no bridge mode. . .,etc.) In any event thanks for reply.
Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day!

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Maybe it's time to upgrade the router..
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I get the same thing.  I just want to block one phone... my daughter is not supposed to have a phone, but an I phone shows in the device list.  How can I block that one phone?  If I change the password then I have trouble getting my printer back and have to go change it on everything in the list...

Thank you

Tags (3)
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

i have Arris NVG599 Route.. Im getting this when i try to turn off my system log or my wireless connection.  I block in doing any changes to my att router..   I feel like im living a police world..  why is att controlling my router.. Not allowing me to change  thing inside to fit my  needs>>?>  I have picture of it..  its not allowing to do nothing.. its blocking ports , etc.. im not happy with att..  

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support