Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 27, 2014
5:34:20 PM
View profile
Another Crackle-esque competitor?
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:17:53 PM

Saw an ad on Facebook that there is a new free app / site for Movies and TV, that appears to be like Crackle.  It is called Tubi.TV.  Just for your FYI  Who knows, though might be a spam generator. 

[removed link]

Saw an ad on Facebook that there is a new free app / site for Movies and TV, that appears to be like Crackle.  It is called Tubi.TV.  Just for your FYI  Who knows, though might be a spam generator. 

[removed link]

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Another Crackle-esque competitor?

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 6:15:57 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by julywashere on Mar 27, 2014 at 6:17:41 PM

Hello dhascall,

The reference link you posted, for me displayed a webpage solely asking for an email address. (Yet the home directory gave a bit more information, it's still pretty null.) Seems sketchy. The WhoIs information lists adRise, Inc as the registrant organization. adRise, Inc is a legit company, but as far as content, you may find they have more public domain content than anything. 

That being said. . . 

According to Community Guidelines

Keep it Spam Free

The Community Forums are provided as a convenience to AT&T customers and users and is not to be used for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organizations. Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.

I don't think it's particularly the best idea to submit your email.

Hello dhascall,

The reference link you posted, for me displayed a webpage solely asking for an email address. (Yet the home directory gave a bit more information, it's still pretty null.) Seems sketchy. The WhoIs information lists adRise, Inc as the registrant organization. adRise, Inc is a legit company, but as far as content, you may find they have more public domain content than anything. 

That being said. . . 

Keep it Spam Free

The Community Forums are provided as a convenience to AT&T customers and users and is not to be used for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organizations. Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.

Re: Another Crackle-esque competitor?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (554 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 3:33:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

julywashere wrote:

Hello dhascall,

That being said. . . 

Keep it Spam Free

I saw a post on the Roku forums with similar concerns. 

Here's the link the the tubiTV facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tubitv

julywashere wrote:

Hello dhascall,

That being said. . . 

Keep it Spam Free

I saw a post on the Roku forums with similar concerns. 

Here's the link the the tubiTV facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tubitv

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 1:23:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Thanks for removing the link, Phil, I never thought that link was being in violation but  I suppose almost any link to a third party site could be in violation, as every third party site carries advertising.  I used my gmail address for a sign up as that is what junk email addresses are for, right?  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for removing the link, Phil, I never thought that link was being in violation but  I suppose almost any link to a third party site could be in violation, as every third party site carries advertising.  I used my gmail address for a sign up as that is what junk email addresses are for, right?  Smiley Very Happy

4 of 5 (472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 4:26:49 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by julywashere on Mar 28, 2014 at 5:06:14 PM

dhascall wrote:

Just my guess, but I don't think this is necessarily the case.  If I was a betting man, I'd say it's more likely this...

Keep it Spam Free

I believe your link was in violation, partially because it was a reference link. (A unique tracking link that is used to refer people to a specific page. Usually, but not always, to gain more subscriptions, and thus awarding the poster of the link some sort of compensation.) From my understanding, as far as advertising goes, it means, don't come here to the forums an create a posting, such as, "Unlock your Galaxy Note 3 at www.-bad-unlock-url-here-.com for $X" or "Get a free iPhone by completing a survey!" So while, perhaps, it was in violation of advertising, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't link to a website which features advertising, it just can't be a website dedicated to advertising. 

For example, if a response's link is supplementary to the post, such as recommending a product that could resolve someone's issue,( such as which switch you can use with U-Verse TV, etc.) I believe it's more acceptable. 

This, of course, is just my interpretation and opinion. It's in no way an official response, I'm sure Phil, the mod, has fair reasoning behind the link removal.

dhascall wrote:

Just my guess, but I don't think this is necessarily the case.  If I was a betting man, I'd say it's more likely this...

Keep it Spam Free

I believe your link was in violation, partially because it was a reference link. (A unique tracking link that is used to refer people to a specific page. Usually, but not always, to gain more subscriptions, and thus awarding the poster of the link some sort of compensation.) From my understanding, as far as advertising goes, it means, don't come here to the forums an create a posting, such as, "Unlock your Galaxy Note 3 at www.-bad-unlock-url-here-.com for $X" or "Get a free iPhone by completing a survey!" So while, perhaps, it was in violation of advertising, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't link to a website which features advertising, it just can't be a website dedicated to advertising. 

For example, if a response's link is supplementary to the post, such as recommending a product that could resolve someone's issue,( such as which switch you can use with U-Verse TV, etc.) I believe it's more acceptable. 

This, of course, is just my interpretation and opinion. It's in no way an official response, I'm sure Phil, the mod, has fair reasoning behind the link removal.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (451 Views)