Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted May 25, 2013
10:42:25 AM
View profile
Annoying beeps

Annoying beeps being heard by those calling us.  We recently switched to AT&T internet phone service and use Panasonic cordless phones, but have never had this issue before.  Anyone ever have this problem and resolved it??

Annoying beeps being heard by those calling us.  We recently switched to AT&T internet phone service and use Panasonic cordless phones, but have never had this issue before.  Anyone ever have this problem and resolved it??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 13, 2013 10:29:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
markmcc - Hard to believe it is audible only on the other end. The only thing I can think of is the other party has new service & the beep they are hearing is another call coming in for them. If it happens have the click the switch hook or the flash button to see if there is a call there. They are not aware of this feature. Of course, this is most likely if the problem exists only with one customer. And, if it is only one customer, it is likely the beep is on their end. But, they would get it on other calls.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Annoying beeps

3 replies
(5) Me too
(5) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 7:14:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

Beep, beep!!! Does anyone have a solution for this annoying beeping problem? I have an AT&T Wireless Home Phone Modem with cordless Panasonic phones.  The base unit receives a strong signal.

The beeping sound is not a voice mail notification. The beeping occurs during the phone call.  I can't hear it but the other person can.  I was told it sounds like I'm pressing the handset too hard against my ear.  And no, I don't have big ears or a high-pitched voice.

Is it possible to gain access to the device and make system hanges?   Thanks.

Beep, beep!!! Does anyone have a solution for this annoying beeping problem? I have an AT&T Wireless Home Phone Modem with cordless Panasonic phones.  The base unit receives a strong signal.

The beeping sound is not a voice mail notification. The beeping occurs during the phone call.  I can't hear it but the other person can.  I was told it sounds like I'm pressing the handset too hard against my ear.  And no, I don't have big ears or a high-pitched voice.

Is it possible to gain access to the device and make system hanges?   Thanks.

Re: Annoying beeps

2 of 4 (942 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 13, 2013 10:29:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
markmcc - Hard to believe it is audible only on the other end. The only thing I can think of is the other party has new service & the beep they are hearing is another call coming in for them. If it happens have the click the switch hook or the flash button to see if there is a call there. They are not aware of this feature. Of course, this is most likely if the problem exists only with one customer. And, if it is only one customer, it is likely the beep is on their end. But, they would get it on other calls.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (910 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2015 4:09:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

I know this is a 2yr old thread but it's the same exact issue I ran into today. Have Uverse phone service and the person on the other end way saying they were hearing beeping. I used to have some AT&T portable phones and people would mention it then every so ofter. Now I have Panasonic portable phones and someone today said they kept hearing beeping coming from my end that I couldn't hear.

I know this is a 2yr old thread but it's the same exact issue I ran into today. Have Uverse phone service and the person on the other end way saying they were hearing beeping. I used to have some AT&T portable phones and people would mention it then every so ofter. Now I have Panasonic portable phones and someone today said they kept hearing beeping coming from my end that I couldn't hear.

4 of 4 (267 Views)