Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 16, 2013
4:46:53 PM
View profile
Android Wi-Fi Setup
  1. Touch the Settings icon on a Home or All Apps screen.
  2. Touch Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi.
  3. Slide the Wi-Fi switch to the On position. The device scans for available Wi-Fi networks and displays the names of those it finds. Secured networks are indicated with a Lock icon. If the device finds a network that you connected to previously, it connects to it.
  4. Touch a network name to see more details or connect to it. If the network is secured, you're prompted to enter a password or other credentials.
  1. Touch the Settings icon on a Home or All Apps screen.
  2. Touch Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi.
  3. Slide the Wi-Fi switch to the On position. The device scans for available Wi-Fi networks and displays the names of those it finds. Secured networks are indicated with a Lock icon. If the device finds a network that you connected to previously, it connects to it.
  4. Touch a network name to see more details or connect to it. If the network is secured, you're prompted to enter a password or other credentials.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Android Wi-Fi Setup

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 7:40:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

where do I get passwords to Wi-Fi?

where do I get passwords to Wi-Fi?

Re: Android Wi-Fi Setup

2 of 5 (513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 8:00:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
dsbml4 - The wireless network key is on a label with the wireless SSID.
The label is located on the RG or the inid power supply (for pair bonding)
The modem GUI password may be on the same label or engraved on the other side of the RG.
dsbml4 - The wireless network key is on a label with the wireless SSID.
The label is located on the RG or the inid power supply (for pair bonding)
The modem GUI password may be on the same label or engraved on the other side of the RG.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 1:59:11 PM
(0)
Mentor

I did all that and continually get "authentication problem."  I has set the password entry on the phone to show so I can see I am not making a typo.

I did all that and continually get "authentication problem."  I has set the password entry on the phone to show so I can see I am not making a typo.

4 of 5 (330 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 2:30:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
tomiswho - First step is to see if you can sign-on without security. Go to -http://192.168.1.254/ on a computer browser & turn off security. If you can connect without a password you can reset the password & turn security back on.
tomiswho - First step is to see if you can sign-on without security. Go to -http://192.168.1.254/ on a computer browser & turn off security. If you can connect without a password you can reset the password & turn security back on.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (327 Views)