All lies with Att

Tutor

All lies with Att

I've had att for 6 or 7 years now.  Basically only signing up because they were the only cell phone carrier that had the iPhone at the time.  I always thought their prices we're high but I never had a real issue until I got married. My husband also had att and after we we're married I thought it would be a piece of cake to combine our two accounts into one so we could keep track of it better. Well after 3 different stores giving us the run around we finally got answers when we moved to Florida due to my husband being in the navy. After that was over we regrettably signed up for uverse TV and Internet ... (extremely good sales pitch). I quickly relieved my mistake when after multiple phone calls we were promised a bonus of a 100 dollar gift card because we signed up for uverse and we're wireless customers.. but because the wireless was in my name and the TV in my husband's they quickly took back that offer. (I was even hung up on when trying to ask questions on why). And now the biggest issue .. we have always had slow Internet with uverse but we made due. As of a couple days ago I upgraded because simple apps were lagging. I wake up this morning to find my TV and Internet were completely down. So I call to see what the issue was I was first told it was a nationwide outage and that a technician would be out to fix it no worries they said it will be back on by this afternoon.  Okay fine...hours go by still nothing so I live chat with someone .. again same thing assured and the reassured that it's all taken care off. My husband comes home around 5 (his last night home before 2 and a half weeks of training) still nothing so we decide to go to dinner in hopes it would be back on when we return. We come home around 7 still nothing. I again live chat with a rep and am now told that it's not because of the outage it's a connection between our box and the outside connection. Now I have to wait for a tech to come between 12-4 and I may or may not have to pay 99 bucks for the service. I call customer service and when I express my disgust with the run around I am transfered to technical support and then hung up on mid conversation.  

I'm very unhappy that it took 4 attempts with customer service to get an answer that could of been solved with 1 call. My husband and I pay a lot of money between TV internet and wireless and still seem to get treated with no respect. It's always the run around with customer service.. now I have to wait til tomorrow afternoon to see what's wrong and if I get charged for something beyond my control thanks att for stealing our hard earned money. 

Message 1 of 9

Re: All lies with Att

I hope it all went well for you since I am facing the same thing tomorrow. I came home from work and found my Uverse box blinking at me and refusing to stay on for more than a minute. They told me I may be charged for the visit when it was installed 23 days ago by their tech. 

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Employee

The issues you both were experiencing were part of a nationwide outage with our U-Verse service so when you initially called in and were told this, it was the truth. The one thing you should not have been told is a time frame for when it might come back on. This is information we as customer service/sales reps are not given because frankly, the ones who resolve these kinds of issues do not know, so for that I do apologize. As far as being charged for tech visits, as far as I know, the only way you are charged for a tech visit is if it's determined that the issue is in the inside of the home, if not, they you are not charged.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9
Community Manager

Hello everyone, like said, the issue was a knows outage, are your services back on now? Please let us know if you still need help with anything.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 9
Tutor

Actually the issue I was having was not from the outage. The tech informed me that it was my modem that was just installed by att in December that was the issue and it was an older version. Thanks for giving me an obsolete item only a few months ago. Tech even said I shouldn't of been given that one.
Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert

ams0010 wrote:
Actually the issue I was having was not from the outage. The tech informed me that it was my modem that was just installed by att in December that was the issue and it was an older version. Thanks for giving me an obsolete item only a few months ago. Tech even said I shouldn't of been given that one.

What model RG were you given originally?  Did the tech replace it?  What did he give you as a replacement?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 9
Tutor

The one we were given was a bulky white and silver one and now we have a slim black one.
Message 7 of 9
ACE - Expert

You were probably given a 2WIRE 3800.  That's what I have and it works fine, but not in all situations.  I'm not sure from the description whether he gave you a 3801 or an NVG 589.  The 3801 is better than a 3800 when your line is a little longer.  The NVG 589 is a whole different ball of wax, and probablynot what he gave you.

In any case, I hope all is working correctly for you now.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 9
Tutor

Basically my complaint is not about my modem it's the lack of customer service. I had to call 4 times to get a straight answer and when finally I was given an answer it to was 8 at night and they couldn't send a tech out. I asked them 4 times to make sure my issue was the outage and nothing else when it turns out it had nothing to do with the outage.
Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support