Ask a question

Highlighted
    Posted Aug 19, 2013
    6:32:42 PM
    All TCP & UDP Outbound and Inbound traffic block for port 5070

I have spent over 15 hours dealing with AT&T support and am unable to resolve a simple issue.  All my outbound and inbound traffic for both UDP and TCP on port 5070 is being blocked some where by AT&T either upstream or by the modem itself.   I  have turned of the Firewall and forward all inbound ports using their DMZ plus mode option but this has nothing to do without bound traffic what I can tell.  I don't see anything in the firewall logs indicating the packets are being dropped by the modem.  So my guess is that it is upstream.     I have tried everything I possibly can from end and can't talk to single person at AT&T or even someone that can get me to the right person AT&T.  I have even gone to the extent of setup another provider to prove it is on AT&T side and I still can't get any resolution or even hint of trackaction.  I had another tech come today supposedly to fix something on the post got out of the van rang the door bell when it was suppose to be an un attended repair and left.  No phone call nothing... 

All TCP & UDP Outbound and Inbound traffic block for port 5070

8 replies
    (1) Me too
    (1) Me too
    View all replies
    (8)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 22, 2013 9:38:07 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Edited by TheLordViper on Aug 22, 2013 at 9:50:07 AM

Apparently AT&T or the U-Verse team are unable to resolve this issue as they continue to blame equipment on my end and can not resolve this from their side even or even bother escalting the issue to an actual engineer to investigate.

Though it is clearly an issue of the packets being dropped from their side. They also refuse to waive any earlier termination fees if I choose to take my business else where even though they say they are not blocking it yet. Clearing they are blocking all outbound traffic for this port from my location.  It could be localized to my location but I guess we will never know cause they apparently don't have any capable engineers or techs to esclate this issue to.  

I also find it odd that when I opened up a BBB claim for them not resolving the issue they throw Magic Jack as the reason for needing this port open up which I have never mentioned nor would I have a need if I am already paying for phone service through them.  Perhaps this is their reasoning?

Oh well just lost me as customer as I have to have these ports open for VPN amongst other things such as LOL or anything I feel the need to put over that port as I believe my outbound internet traffic should be unresticted as it as it doesn't say otherwise in their terms.  It also doesn't say any where that the only restrictions they place on their connections is port 25. However as most of you know port 25 is also being blocked unless you pay extra to have unblocked.  So who is to say they don't have this blocked to either on purpose or by mistake either way they will not aid in getting it unblocked for outbound access.  I have other friends that do have U-verse as provider and are not having this port blocked.  However this is clearly not the case if you live in the South Milwaukee, WI area.  So if plan to use port 5070 for outbound traffic look for another provider as they will not help you resolve this issue.  

So good luck to those that stay with them.  

My guess if enough people complain they will eventually have someone look into the issue in that area and get it resolved if they cared enough.

Re: All TCP & UDP Outbound and Inbound traffic block for port 5070

[ Edited ]
    2 of 9 (1,465 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 22, 2013 10:00:12 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 22, 2013 at 10:26:24 AM

Here is list of all the stuff I have done to attempt to get this resolved if anyone would like to try to tackle it.

888-905-2838 opt 2 + zip + phone
    800-288-2020 - account services.

First they made me pay for extra support services guaranteeing a 100%
    resolution via AT&T Connect Tech for $15 w/12 commitment. I only
    agreed because they said that their terms were that if they didn't
    resolve the issue I didn't have to keep the services.

Connect Tech Support Ticket number: A***

They were unable to help said that it was an issue on AT&T U-Verses
    side and that I would have to resolve the issue with them.

I called the following day spent another hour on the phone to cancel the order of Connect Tech: 6*** as this didn't resolve anything and they sent me back to the U-Verse Team.

Spent another 4.5 hours on the phone with support Talked with
    Supervisor Ray who scheduled a tech repair for Friday 8/9/13.

I took off a half day's work for the installer between 12-4 PM never
    showed up. Called to confirm they were coming said they be their by
    6:00 PM.

Tech showed up didn't look at any equipment or do any tests or even switch out the modem and said there is an
    issue up the street that could be effecting the service and they can't look at the issue until this is repaired. Said it would be repaired by 8/16/13.

I called 8/12/13 to confirm they were going to have the issue resolved on 8/16. They assured me this was the
    problem. Though I don't understand how it could as I had other service except my issue. Waited until 8/16 spent another 4.5
    bouncing around in support.

Finally got to someone that said he understood the problem and then said they will have someone replace the box on the house on Monday 8/19, and that it didn't need to be attended visit and that it would resolve the issue. I was here watched the tech get out of the van ring the door bell and then go back to the van and leave never looked at anything on the house. Not sure why this would have anything to do with data packets being dropped on specific port?

Every time I had to set through their automated phone service for 30 mins before I got hold of anyone live. Then verify my information
    that I already verified with the phone auto attendant then my pass code. Then re-explain everything all over again like it was the first time I had ever called even though I have referenced a case ID ever time. Which was hard enough to get as they don't give it to you unless you pull their teeth for a reference number. Just reference
    the phone number or account number. Which doesn't seem to matter either as they are completely un-educated reps that can't resolve any thing technical unless it involved unplugging the power and restarting.

The case numbers I were given by U-Verse when offered were as follows:
    case id:
    G***** 4:30 PM - 7:30 PM
    G***** complete wastes of time with supposed level 3 tech 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Tools I have tested and proved that it is be blocked by AT&T. I have also used another local provider and the services work correctly.
    http://udp-test-tool.software.informer.com/download/
    http://ismyportblocked.com

Again I want you to keep in mind this is all outbound traffic not inbound.

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
    3 of 9 (1,447 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 27, 2013 4:02:34 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I am with ya!!!!!  It took me months.....I have been trying to figure out why I all of the sudden couldn't upload files.  I contacted ATT....I don't know how many times.... and of course they would talk around the issue.  They kept saying the connection was very strong on their end...or they would adjust something and say things are working great now.  Well in that sense they were correct.  Their connection was fine.  And I BELIEVED THEM!  So as I tried a bunch of different things with various software and firewall programs and/or solutions it kept coming back to ATT....well after another few hours of frustration and transfers...and no straight answers (yes they wanted me to pay for 3rd party tech support) I finally had to ask them straight out (several times) if they block outgoing traffic from my PC.  They FINALLY admitted they do! for our own protection!  lol.....whether we want it or not!

So....Fine I'll get another provider that will let me make my own decisions on things....I just wish they would have been straight forward from the get go....would have saved a lot of headaches...

But they got my extra $$$$ for service each month...but not for much longer!

Shame on you ATT!

4 of 9 (1,394 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 28, 2013 4:04:55 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    I see much in the way of "it didn't work", what you've done to get at&t to fix it and how at&t can't or won't fix it. However, what I don't see is specific issue details.

Maybe if you came here for help a bit earlier, we could have assisted you rather than just reading your diatribe.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (1,373 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 28, 2013 4:23:55 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Edited by TheLordViper on Aug 28, 2013 at 4:29:30 PM

I did come here first and there wasn't much if any response other than contact AT&T and work with them to have it resolved did you have something to actually assist with or something I could have done differently? Or did you just want to get your 2 cents in?

As for details you can't get more specific they are blocking all inbound and outbound traffic on this port 5070 in this area and do not care to fix it.  What more did you want for details?

[ Edited ]
    6 of 9 (1,362 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 28, 2013 5:07:52 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Okay, to be honest, I was reading this thread on my phone and the "for port 5070" got cut off so I didn't see that, and overlooked it in the posts (which were a lot longer on the phone as well).

TCP/UDP port 5060 (SIP) is known to be blocked by the RG, but port 5070 being blocked is a new one on me.  Let me dig.

For the record, have you attempted to place your device that uses port 5070 in the RG's DMZplus mode, or tried connecting it to a router which in turn is in the RG's DMZplus mode?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (1,336 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2013 10:51:23 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

That's all ATT does is blame the customer.  I had the same experience.  They need to switch to "solution-based" customer service model.   This is their excuse for not having the appropriate resources in place to care for their customers.  

They lost my business too!

8 of 9 (1,201 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2013 7:38:08 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Thanks for your report on your situation.

9 of 9 (1,186 Views)