All I wanted for Christmas was more TV and faster internet...

Teacher

All I wanted for Christmas was more TV and faster internet...

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!  

Signed up for GigaPower here in Austin (suburbs).  Was getting near 300Mbps up/300Mbps down on installation day - with direct connect into the Uverse RG. I need to upgrade my wired switches to Gigabit, and figure out why it seems to have slowed a bit.  Installed the Monday before Christmas...and supposed to be upgraded to 1Gbps this summer automatically.

But 0 SD/5 HD as seen below is nice, and a 1TB DVR.  Plus more HD channels. Uverse is looking much better over here these days.

Install was pretty easy, had to change out the box on the side of the house, new RG, new DVR, took about 5 hours cause the wiring at the main box was mislabeled mostly. A couple of reboots and letting the DVR "warm up" (it was slow to respond to remote commands straight out of the box) and things are working nicely now.

This is from my wired 2nd receiver, not the DVR: 

DVR space:  (280/.85 = ~330 hours)

Only 93 Mbps tonite - should have saved the 300/300 one - that was impressive.

Message 1 of 6 (4,002 Views)
Expert

Re: All I wanted for Christmas was more TV and faster internet...

I'm jealous.  LOL

Message 2 of 6 (3,995 Views)
Teacher

I should have mentioned, one New Year's wish was that everyone get Gigabit download speeds in 2014.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6 (3,990 Views)
ACE - Professor

300hr DVR? Nice!

Someone posted a photo of seven streams. Maybe we'll see that soon.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (3,961 Views)
Employee

Hello @kpaustin 

We're so glad that you're pleased with your new services! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we'll be glad to help you. Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (3,879 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

OK, that's better.  Gotta talk to 'em about that upload speed, though.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6 (3,791 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.