Helpful Links

Afraid all recorded shows are gone

Contributor

Afraid all recorded shows are gone

I got AT&T U-Verse in mid August and everything was fine, even after a two hour power outage (a co-worker said she loses her recordings when the power goes out) but all my recordings survived. 

Then this week  one of my televisions had a big red X in the center of the screen and my other three tvs worked except when I tried to watch one of my recordings.  It said on all three tvs, list unavailable make sure tv receiver is connected to the dvr receiver. 

AT&T said to reboot everything on every tv and make sure all wires and plugs are secure.  Before I did this, I access my DVR online and all my recordings were there.  But after the reboot they are all gone.  The red X is all gone and every tv is working fine now but my recordings are gone.

I am afriad they are gone for good and now I am upset.  I cancelled dish when they lost CBS and the satellite went out frequently but I never lost a recording.  Do to my work schedule, I record most everything and watch it later. 

If this is a frequent issue with AT&T (which my co-worker says it is) then I am screwed.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Afraid all recorded shows are gone

shariharrell - I, too, watch mostly recordings. I have had u-verse for five years plus & I believe I have lost recordings three times. Once from storm & twice when DVR was replaced. It does happen. But, infrequently.

How did you reboot? The recommended method is remove power for 30 seconds. If you held down buttons, you did a disaster recovery which does erase recordings.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Afraid all recorded shows are gone

I've had U-verse for nearly 4 years, and -- so far -- have not lost recordings.  I thought I was going to a couple of weeks ago when my DVR had trouble rebooting, but it was able to recover.  And I've had power failures, manual reboots, a problem with a bad UPS that was causing it to have a power failure repeatedly... still, no lost recordings.

One of your STBs is the DVR.  If the other STBs can't communicate to it, then they won't have a list of recordings.  Maybe you have a lose cable to that STB?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support