Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 4, 2012
10:31:31 AM
View profile
Adam Yauch (MCA) of Beastie Boys dead at 47

Not familiar with him and not too familiar with the group but RIP.

Not familiar with him and not too familiar with the group but RIP.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Adam Yauch (MCA) of Beastie Boys dead at 47

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2012 11:54:27 AM
(0)
Expert
The Beastie Boys were responsible for taking rap from a nitch market of music to mainstream in 1986 with their release of "Licensed to Ill". I bought that album on CD the day it came out and played it many times over.

Their follow-up album "Paul's Boutique" wasn't as commercially successful, but was years ahead of it's time musically, and introduced the entire music world to the technique of sampling.

MTV used to play the "Fight For Your Right" video from Licensed to Ill several times a day back then ... an indication of how popular the group was.

I will definitely miss him and the group, and reading the stories today brought back a lot of memories of times long since passed.
The Beastie Boys were responsible for taking rap from a nitch market of music to mainstream in 1986 with their release of "Licensed to Ill". I bought that album on CD the day it came out and played it many times over.

Their follow-up album "Paul's Boutique" wasn't as commercially successful, but was years ahead of it's time musically, and introduced the entire music world to the technique of sampling.

MTV used to play the "Fight For Your Right" video from Licensed to Ill several times a day back then ... an indication of how popular the group was.

I will definitely miss him and the group, and reading the stories today brought back a lot of memories of times long since passed.

Re: Adam Yauch (MCA) of Beastie Boys dead at 47

2 of 5 (110 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2012 12:15:25 PM
(0)
Master

Really sad and a great talent in Yauch lost. And a great humanitarian and supporter of worthy causes to boot.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beastie-boys-co-founder-adam-yauch-dead-at-48-20120504

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

Really sad and a great talent in Yauch lost. And a great humanitarian and supporter of worthy causes to boot.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beastie-boys-co-founder-adam-yauch-dead-at-48-20120504

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

3 of 5 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2012 4:26:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

A true pioneer in the Music and Film industry. He will be missed.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

A true pioneer in the Music and Film industry. He will be missed.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (88 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2012 12:29:08 AM
(0)
Expert

Beasties on my Pod, and vids.  They just got inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame, but he was too ill to attend.

Beasties on my Pod, and vids.  They just got inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame, but he was too ill to attend.

5 of 5 (78 Views)