Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 24, 2013
9:56:03 PM
View profile
Activating AT&T Internet Wifi - Macbook AIR (NO ETHERNET PORT!)

Hello guys....so I'm trying to activate my internet, and the instructions say I have to PLUG INTO the router to activate wifi.  I don't have a computer with an ethernet port - I only own a macbook air.  

There has GOT to be a way to get this activated.  I just want to use wifi to my macbook air and iphone. 

Help?

Hello guys....so I'm trying to activate my internet, and the instructions say I have to PLUG INTO the router to activate wifi.  I don't have a computer with an ethernet port - I only own a macbook air.  

There has GOT to be a way to get this activated.  I just want to use wifi to my macbook air and iphone. 

Help?

Activating AT&T Internet Wifi - Macbook AIR (NO ETHERNET PORT!)

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 10:01:19 PM
(0)
Employee
On the side of the RG is the device SSID and wireless pass code.
In settings turn on wifi, view list of available devicez, select your router, enter pass key.
Now open your browser, should take you to registration page, if not attempt search should then grab your browser and load page.
On the side of the RG is the device SSID and wireless pass code.
In settings turn on wifi, view list of available devicez, select your router, enter pass key.
Now open your browser, should take you to registration page, if not attempt search should then grab your browser and load page.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Activating AT&T Internet Wifi - Macbook AIR (NO ETHERNET PORT!)

2 of 5 (3,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 10:02:59 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks my thoughts...but how can I do this when i can't connect to the wifi to begin with. It says I need to plug in with an ethernet connection FIRST to activate my connection/computer (I think?). Currently, I can't even see the wifi network. Is there a way to turn it on?
Thanks my thoughts...but how can I do this when i can't connect to the wifi to begin with. It says I need to plug in with an ethernet connection FIRST to activate my connection/computer (I think?). Currently, I can't even see the wifi network. Is there a way to turn it on?

3 of 5 (3,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 5:02:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Wangta - Are you sure it is not on?? Default is on. The macbook should be able to discover your SSID/. Then you enter the password.

If the wireless is not discovered reset the RG - Hold down the reset button & try again.

If that fails - find someone with a computer with a network jack so you can do the setup wired.
Wangta - Are you sure it is not on?? Default is on. The macbook should be able to discover your SSID/. Then you enter the password.

If the wireless is not discovered reset the RG - Hold down the reset button & try again.

If that fails - find someone with a computer with a network jack so you can do the setup wired.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (3,683 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 6:34:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am an idi0t.  Yes you guys are all right - it IS on.  I completely didn't see the big YELLOW STICKER ont he side of the router with the SSID and password.  Doh!

thank you all so much!

I am an idi0t.  Yes you guys are all right - it IS on.  I completely didn't see the big YELLOW STICKER ont he side of the router with the SSID and password.  Doh!

thank you all so much!

5 of 5 (3,670 Views)