Account Registration and Activation

Employee

Account Registration and Activation

Register/Activate

Before you begin to install your AT&T High Speed Internet service, be sure to:

• Check your Service Activation Date - You can only connect to the Internet after 8:00 p.m. on the date specified on your confirmation letter or packing slip.
  • Contact other service providers - If you have a security system, health alarm, or water meter monitor, you'll need special assistance and will need to call either AT&T to schedule an appointment or your monitoring service provider for instructions.
  • If you are an existing AT&T customer and would like to keep your current member ID you will need to locate your email and password first registered with AT&T, if you do not have a existing email or would like to create a new email you will be able to create one through the registration process.

Registration

1. With your computer connected to the modem, simply open your web browser.

• When the Greeting page appears, click Continue.
  • If you don't get the below screen, enter the address manually to http://att.net/uverse

2. Click Continue. The system tests to ensure an enabled JavaScript and browser compatibility.

3. An Identification prompt displays.

• Enter the BAN and click Continue. 

4. The User ID Options display. The system prompts to use the existing Member ID or create a new one. 

Existing User ID

1. The system advises how to advance using the existing User ID.

2. The high-speed registration screen opens and asks to verify the account by entering the four-digit passcode.

New User ID

1. Create a new User ID by selecting one of the suggested IDs or creating a new one.

2. Select the new User ID and enter the password twice.

After selecting your email address or using your old.

5. Additional registration screens present requesting profile and security information as well as the AT&T U-verse Terms of Service.

• Select Agree to continue. The Paperless Billing Option appears.
  • Note: Rejecting the Terms of Service stops the registration.
  • If currently enrolled, the Paperless Billing Reminder appears.

6. The Registration Confirmation screen appears with a summary of the customer's information.

7. At the confirmation screen you may choose to continue to configure service or you may now start browsing, the Configure Services button leads to the following;

• E-mail Configuration
  • Browser and Desktop Configuration
  • Toolbar Configuration
  • Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool Installation
  • Wi-Fi Configuration
  • Voice Setup
  • Quick links to U-verse online support

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 8 (941 Views)
Contributor

Re: Account Registration and Activation

Hi there.  there is a typo in the title of this doc.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8 (941 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Thanks Tim for the heads up it has been corrected.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8 (941 Views)
Contributor

And I'm now getting email notifications.

Sent from my iPad mini-me.

Message 4 of 8 (941 Views)
Contributor

I got these instructions with my equipment. I don't have a wall jack do I need one to setup my internet? I had asked before having this sent over since I don't have one installed. please tell me I don't need it.

Message 5 of 8 (941 Views)
Community Support

You do need a wall jack in order for the services to work.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 8 (941 Views)
Contributor

why does my u-verse work until now?i have it from 3 weeks ago. the company is too busy to send some one what can I do? i have already paid for a month!!!!

Message 7 of 8 (941 Views)
Employee

Hello hananbalgaith, I'm sorry there has been a delay with the activation of your services. If you ordered a self installation and could not complete the installation on the due date there may be some wiring issues and we would like to help you with that. david_t has sent you a private message to continue working with you. Also for best exposure and faster assistance I recommend any questions regarding this document be posted to U-verse internet & service activation

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 8 (941 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support