Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 7, 2014
4:44:32 PM
Absolutely horrible experience with this company after only 3 weeks
Edited by simonjoseph on Apr 7, 2014 at 7:49:15 PM

Wow, I have had the most infuriating time with my bill for the past month like the users above.  I too had a problem where the representative told me that my installation fee would be waived.  I explicitly asked him 3 separate times to verify and he insisted that it would be covered because I was ordering a package deal.  A couple of weeks later, I was charged $199 for installation.

I called on 4 separate occasions for an explanation and was put on hold for over 45 minutes for two of those times and my calls were mysteriously dropped and there was no return calls attempted.  So thus I was forced to again wait greater than 30 minutes on hold.  

Eventually, I learned that contrary to what the representative had told me, my package did not cover installation.  I have no idea how someone can get a job selling a product and not know basic details such as this.  I decided to upgrade my package at additional cost being told my bill would be roughly $75 monthly and the fee would be waived.  

When my new bill arrived it was $126 so I was again forced to deal with the customer service representatives.  Again after speaking with them for 10 minutes, I was put on hold and again my call was dropped.  I have never had a dropped call with the 2 years I have had my phone so I am assuming the representatives were looking for an easy way to get rid of me and make it someone else's problem.  I have been ridiculous patient and pleasant and so have the representatives toward me but I firmly believe they are deceitful and two-faced about their practices.  

I previously had Comcast for two years and had an absolutely wonderful experience with them.  Unfortunately, I moved to an area that did not have Comcast contracted and was forced to turn to AT&T.  The 3-4 times I contacted Comcast, they immediately solved my problems and had a survey after each encounter which I always gave the highest rating.  In addition, AT&T U-verse internet speeds are literally a fraction of the speed for twice the price.

For AT&T on the other hand, the customer service has been absolutely laughable.  It has been extremely difficult to get through and they do not offer any helpful solutions when you finally are able to talk to someone.  I am almost through my allotted cell phone minutes just trying to talk with them.  AT&T has no survey after their services and I believe it is because of the undoubtedly negative feedback they would receive.  It is the worst experience I have had with any business in my entire life by far.

After just now being disconnected I spent 45 minutes on hold awaiting a representative and never got through, which is downright outrageous.

Wow, I have had the most infuriating time with my bill for the past month like the users above.  I too had a problem where the representative told me that my installation fee would be waived.  I explicitly asked him 3 separate times to verify and he insisted that it would be covered because I was ordering a package deal.  A couple of weeks later, I was charged $199 for installation.

I called on 4 separate occasions for an explanation and was put on hold for over 45 minutes for two of those times and my calls were mysteriously dropped and there was no return calls attempted.  So thus I was forced to again wait greater than 30 minutes on hold.  

Eventually, I learned that contrary to what the representative had told me, my package did not cover installation.  I have no idea how someone can get a job selling a product and not know basic details such as this.  I decided to upgrade my package at additional cost being told my bill would be roughly $75 monthly and the fee would be waived.  

When my new bill arrived it was $126 so I was again forced to deal with the customer service representatives.  Again after speaking with them for 10 minutes, I was put on hold and again my call was dropped.  I have never had a dropped call with the 2 years I have had my phone so I am assuming the representatives were looking for an easy way to get rid of me and make it someone else's problem.  I have been ridiculous patient and pleasant and so have the representatives toward me but I firmly believe they are deceitful and two-faced about their practices.  

I previously had Comcast for two years and had an absolutely wonderful experience with them.  Unfortunately, I moved to an area that did not have Comcast contracted and was forced to turn to AT&T.  The 3-4 times I contacted Comcast, they immediately solved my problems and had a survey after each encounter which I always gave the highest rating.  In addition, AT&T U-verse internet speeds are literally a fraction of the speed for twice the price.

For AT&T on the other hand, the customer service has been absolutely laughable.  It has been extremely difficult to get through and they do not offer any helpful solutions when you finally are able to talk to someone.  I am almost through my allotted cell phone minutes just trying to talk with them.  AT&T has no survey after their services and I believe it is because of the undoubtedly negative feedback they would receive.  It is the worst experience I have had with any business in my entire life by far.

After just now being disconnected I spent 45 minutes on hold awaiting a representative and never got through, which is downright outrageous.

Absolutely horrible experience with this company after only 3 weeks

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2014 5:32:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Absolutely horrible experience with this company after only 3 weeks

2 of 2 (153 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments