ATTN: ATT Management: Six months to bury a line?!?!?

Highlighted

ATTN: ATT Management: Six months to bury a line?!?!?

Let me start off by saying how ridiculous it is that this company does not have a simple email address to send a complaint/issue to.  They give you terrible customer service and then make it difficult to seek satifaction. 

This will be short considering I've had to tell/type this story multiple times to no avail.  We switched to UVerse at the end of 10/13.  Since 11/13, we have had an exposed wire on the ground (across a neighbors yard) waiting to be buried.  We were told we had to wait until the ground thaws......before the ground had even froze!  They had 3 weeks to bury it and did not, specifically they chose not to. 

They said best they could do is bury it as soon as the spring arrives. Ground finally thaws and NOTHING.  We called back and there was no ticket, no record of the wire needing to be buried at all.  Keep in mind it took 3 phone calls at over 2 hours to get to this information. 

They finally issued a ticket for the wire to be buried and consider the issue closed.  No acknowledgement to the frustration they caused, the constant inconvenience of having my cable stretched across my neighbors yard or the fact that nothing would've been done unless we spent three hours pestering them to get it done. 

We are not satisfied with your customer service and want to know what you are prepared to do about it!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9

Re: ATTN: ATT Management: Six months to bury a line?!?!?

Thought the line would be buried today.....oh no. ATT sent a guy to assess the situation. You can't make this stuff up. This guy is now issuing a ticket for the line to be buried. Hence, even more wasted time. Did I mention we all have small kids trying to play and have to worry about them around this line?!

Still don't know when it will be buried.....
Message 2 of 9

@DYowchuang 

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

Since the cable has been laying out for so long, a tech had to come out and verify the cable was still in working order before it could be buried.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 9

Yet another step in this ridiculous process. Note, I did the live chat with a Rep on your website and he told me to post on this forum. He did not tell me to do what you just said.

Don't you see that you are causing more frustration!? It is clear that you don't want to resolve your customers issues; but rather, send them into a gauntlet of steps and twists and turns until they simply give up.
Message 4 of 9

Didn't I verify the cable was still there and in working order when I told him my tv was working fine???  I had to be home (wait three hours) for him to look at the cable??? 

Message 5 of 9

Also....another example of this company's careless attitude to customer service, a response with no apology for the situation whatsoever.
Message 6 of 9

@DYowchuang 

DYowchuang wrote:
Yet another step in this ridiculous process. Note, I did the live chat with a Rep on your website and he told me to post on this forum. He did not tell me to do what you just said.

Don't you see that you are causing more frustration!? It is clear that you don't want to resolve your customers issues; but rather, send them into a gauntlet of steps and twists and turns until they simply give up.

I do not work for AT&T, I'm just a customer like you. I've given you the means to get this issue resolved in the best manner.  As for verifying the line quality, I had a line that went unburied for 3 weeks and they sent a tech out to make sure it was still in working condition before it was buried.  

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 9
Contributor

Mine was installed on January 8, 2014. The person who installed of course could not bury it because there was 12 inches of snow on the ground and the ground was frozen. It is now 66 degrees. He said an order was in. I called last week and they scheduled for Monday. I made clear the issue! When the technician called he asked exactly what the problem was and said they contract that out. I asked if they did not know what I asked for? Got a text that problem was resolved and was told they would send someone out! Who do I call, text, email, snail mail? This is going on 4 months and my cable is lying on the ground. I need to mow grass and do not want to be responsible for replacing cable. The one part of the whole experience from switching from Time Warner Cable I do not like! Get my cable buried! PLEASE!!!!

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

Exactly! A 6th grader could understand the problem. Too many scripts and not enough common sense!

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support