Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 16, 2014
2:46:32 PM
ATT vs Comcast On Demand?

Just got Uverse today, I had it back when it first came out and then switched to Comcast due to the pricing at the time. Just started looking through the On Demand, and OMG! I either am not looking in the right location or Comcast on demand is EXTREMELY superior to ATT. I am looking for premium series episodes. For example, HBO Game of Thrones, True Blood, even Rugrats for the kids, WHERE ARE THEY??? Am I just not looking in the right place or does ATT have A LOT further to go before it catches up to the cable big boys?? Please tell me I didn't make a mistake.....

Just got Uverse today, I had it back when it first came out and then switched to Comcast due to the pricing at the time. Just started looking through the On Demand, and OMG! I either am not looking in the right location or Comcast on demand is EXTREMELY superior to ATT. I am looking for premium series episodes. For example, HBO Game of Thrones, True Blood, even Rugrats for the kids, WHERE ARE THEY??? Am I just not looking in the right place or does ATT have A LOT further to go before it catches up to the cable big boys?? Please tell me I didn't make a mistake.....

ATT vs Comcast On Demand?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 3:42:37 PM
(1)
ACE - Master

The U-verse VoD is quite lacking in my opintion.  Not very many movies and the ones that are there don't change very often.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

The U-verse VoD is quite lacking in my opintion.  Not very many movies and the ones that are there don't change very often.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ATT vs Comcast On Demand?

2 of 9 (3,555 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 5:20:15 AM
(1)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jan 17, 2014 at 5:24:39 AM

motordude2014 wrote:

Yes Comcast's VOD is superior when it comes to free / included shows.  You specifically mention HBO.  As far as I know, the premium on demand is what the premium provider sends out and it should be no different, provider to provider.  They never include who seasons and such.  It was the same when I had Comcast VOD, 2000-2008.

Speaking of premium channels.  U-Verse does offer the HBO Go app and Showtime Anytime app, which offers more than straight up VOD, often including full seasons.

Trutfully, since coming to U-Verse in 2008, since I have Total Home DVR, I bet I have only used the VOD maybe 8 times.

motordude2014 wrote:

Yes Comcast's VOD is superior when it comes to free / included shows.  You specifically mention HBO.  As far as I know, the premium on demand is what the premium provider sends out and it should be no different, provider to provider.  They never include who seasons and such.  It was the same when I had Comcast VOD, 2000-2008.

Speaking of premium channels.  U-Verse does offer the HBO Go app and Showtime Anytime app, which offers more than straight up VOD, often including full seasons.

Trutfully, since coming to U-Verse in 2008, since I have Total Home DVR, I bet I have only used the VOD maybe 8 times.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 9 (3,508 Views)
Highlighted
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 10:09:02 AM
(1)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

motordude2014 wrote:

UVerse online also offers premium channels if you are subscribed to them in your package.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

dhascall wrote:

motordude2014 wrote:

UVerse online also offers premium channels if you are subscribed to them in your package.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

4 of 9 (3,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 7:20:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

I wish Uverse had Hub, FX , and CBS ondemand i don't care how big the library is just wish there more channels .

I wish Uverse had Hub, FX , and CBS ondemand i don't care how big the library is just wish there more channels .

5 of 9 (3,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 11:17:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

rt123 wrote:

My understanding is that you get CBS On Demand only if your local CBS station is owned and operated by CBS.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

rt123 wrote:

My understanding is that you get CBS On Demand only if your local CBS station is owned and operated by CBS.

6 of 9 (3,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 9:54:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

rt123 wrote:

dwinth is right but I'm not sure why CBS is the way it is.  Most other "wire" based services offere CBS in all markets.   Hopefully, they'll work on that.

dwinth wrote:

rt123 wrote:

dwinth is right but I'm not sure why CBS is the way it is.  Most other "wire" based services offere CBS in all markets.   Hopefully, they'll work on that.

7 of 9 (3,350 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2016 1:12:39 PM
(1)
Contributor
Uverse does have the better prices, but you lack the free available channels on demand. They don't have half of the channels that Comcast has on demand. I was l was dissapointed. Cable in general is the biggest ripoff. I can't wait until
I make up my mind to cut the cord. That will be done once my contract runs out. All I will need is the internet.
Uverse does have the better prices, but you lack the free available channels on demand. They don't have half of the channels that Comcast has on demand. I was l was dissapointed. Cable in general is the biggest ripoff. I can't wait until
I make up my mind to cut the cord. That will be done once my contract runs out. All I will need is the internet.

8 of 9 (403 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2016 2:49:41 PM
(1)
ACE - Expert

@nitaf1974   Comcrap is cable, Uverse is IPTV through the Internet by streaming.  Comcrap has 30+ years to build up their On Demand.  Uverse has been around for about 10 years.

Can say over the 7 1/2 years I've had u200 Uverse TV, On Demand has grown leaps and bounds over what was there in 2008.  I personally like recording on the DVR more than On Demand, as it won't allow FF through any commercials. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

@nitaf1974   Comcrap is cable, Uverse is IPTV through the Internet by streaming.  Comcrap has 30+ years to build up their On Demand.  Uverse has been around for about 10 years.

Can say over the 7 1/2 years I've had u200 Uverse TV, On Demand has grown leaps and bounds over what was there in 2008.  I personally like recording on the DVR more than On Demand, as it won't allow FF through any commercials. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

9 of 9 (376 Views)