Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 12, 2013
9:33:01 PM
View profile
ATT has provided me with the absolute worst customer service I've ever recieved.
Edited by hollyewhite on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:33:29 PM

AT&T is without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with.  

Over 6 months ago my friend that was on my plan stopped paying her phone bill.  I addressed it with AT&T they told me I could just reduce her plan to a 9.99 a month option so I didn't have to pay her cancellation fee or keep paying her bill. I was just fine with that despite the fact that she was able to renew her contract without my consent or me even being notified. So AT&T tells me I should have put a pass code on my account... I was never notified of her renewal until she stopped paying her bill.  

How is that good business?  Shouldn't AT&T be protecting their customer?.  I understand she was on my bill, but how was she able to renew a contract without me even being notified?  The bill is under my name.  She had no access.

Now I go back and look at my bill and realized after all these months I've been paying for her data plan because AT&T "forgot" to tell me that I have to have her IMEI number to remove the plan.  Seeing that this is impossible to get since she stopped talking to me whenever I suspended her service...

This is the worst customer service experience I've ever had and it keeps coming.  Now I'm pretty much locked into paying an extra $60 bucks a month or a contract cancellation fee.

AT&T takes no responsibility for any of this.  No I'm sorry. Just "Holly, you signed a contract saying you are responsible for service."  Customer satisfaction and the fact that I've been a loyal customer for several years means nothing to them.  I once believed in AT&T.  

Now I'm just in an unhappy relationship with AT&T until I can come up with the money to cancel the contract and be rid of them forever .

AT&T is without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with.  

Over 6 months ago my friend that was on my plan stopped paying her phone bill.  I addressed it with AT&T they told me I could just reduce her plan to a 9.99 a month option so I didn't have to pay her cancellation fee or keep paying her bill. I was just fine with that despite the fact that she was able to renew her contract without my consent or me even being notified. So AT&T tells me I should have put a pass code on my account... I was never notified of her renewal until she stopped paying her bill.  

How is that good business?  Shouldn't AT&T be protecting their customer?.  I understand she was on my bill, but how was she able to renew a contract without me even being notified?  The bill is under my name.  She had no access.

Now I go back and look at my bill and realized after all these months I've been paying for her data plan because AT&T "forgot" to tell me that I have to have her IMEI number to remove the plan.  Seeing that this is impossible to get since she stopped talking to me whenever I suspended her service...

This is the worst customer service experience I've ever had and it keeps coming.  Now I'm pretty much locked into paying an extra $60 bucks a month or a contract cancellation fee.

AT&T takes no responsibility for any of this.  No I'm sorry. Just "Holly, you signed a contract saying you are responsible for service."  Customer satisfaction and the fact that I've been a loyal customer for several years means nothing to them.  I once believed in AT&T.  

Now I'm just in an unhappy relationship with AT&T until I can come up with the money to cancel the contract and be rid of them forever .

ATT has provided me with the absolute worst customer service I've ever recieved.

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 3:17:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ATT has provided me with the absolute worst customer service I've ever recieved.

2 of 4 (418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 3:22:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I can understand your frustration, however it sounds like you're frustration should be with your "friend" and you are unfairly takin it out on AT&T. Remember, your friend is an AT&T customer, too, so it has a responsibility to provide her service as well.

There's always a risk when you create a family plan that one member isn't going to do what you would like. Is it possible that there is a mutual friend who can act as a mediator to help you get this straightened out to the satisfaction of both of you?
I can understand your frustration, however it sounds like you're frustration should be with your "friend" and you are unfairly takin it out on AT&T. Remember, your friend is an AT&T customer, too, so it has a responsibility to provide her service as well.

There's always a risk when you create a family plan that one member isn't going to do what you would like. Is it possible that there is a mutual friend who can act as a mediator to help you get this straightened out to the satisfaction of both of you?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ATT has provided me with the absolute worst customer service I've ever recieved.

3 of 4 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 9:56:39 AM
(0)
Employee

Hey hollyewhite,

Like Miccheck started to say, we use a few verification tools to make sure that only people you've authorized have permission.

Over the phone they have to have the last 4 of SSN, or in a store they have on the short list of names that check the ID against.

If you do have a situation where someone who shouldn't have has your SSN, but shouldn't have access, then we encourage you to put a password.

If AT&T did everything right, verified the person by the information you authorized to verify ect, then, you may need to take action yourself. I suspect there's legal action you can take against that invidual, but I am neither a legal expert, nor can we discuss that subject matter here.
-Alex

Hey hollyewhite,

Like Miccheck started to say, we use a few verification tools to make sure that only people you've authorized have permission.

Over the phone they have to have the last 4 of SSN, or in a store they have on the short list of names that check the ID against.

If you do have a situation where someone who shouldn't have has your SSN, but shouldn't have access, then we encourage you to put a password.

If AT&T did everything right, verified the person by the information you authorized to verify ect, then, you may need to take action yourself. I suspect there's legal action you can take against that invidual, but I am neither a legal expert, nor can we discuss that subject matter here.
-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (382 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments