ATT cancelled my account by mistake

Contributor

ATT cancelled my account by mistake

So ATT cancelled my uverse internet by mistake. I called and they acknowledge the error but they say there's nothing they can do. It was suggested that I open a new account. I tried via the website and you can't open a new account without paying $200 for equipment that I already have.

Honestly, at this point id be fine paying the $200 ransom to avoid spending hours on the phone, but I don't want to have to take a day off work to have my uverse "installed" again - and something tells me I'll end up getting another bill for the equipment I already have. It's not like I can send it back... No way that'll get accounted correctly.

This ever happened to anyone? Suggestions?
Message 1 of 2 (187 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: ATT cancelled my account by mistake

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (179 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.