ATT Voice Plans

Contributor

ATT Voice Plans

Hi,

I am planning to get the 250 minutes Voice plan. The plan features does not indicate of clues if this 250 minutes is just outgoing? Or both incoming and Outgoing??

Also does calls to 1-800 numbers are charged or not ??

Any ideas??

Message 1 of 21 (15,074 Views)
Professor

Re: ATT Voice Plans

To be certain, my advice would be to call Customer Service. I have Voice Unlimited so I'm not familiar with the Voice 250 plan. From reading the plan features http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/voice-plans.jsp it would seem to me it's 250 minutes per month calling (dialed calls). 800 numbers are toll free, but I think they would still count as minutes used.

250 minutes is not a lot of time and if you run over it's an additional $.05 a minute. IMHO the Voice Unlimited for $10 a month more is a much better deal.

Message 2 of 21 (15,074 Views)
Mentor

spmaniusa wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to get the 250 minutes Voice plan. The plan features does not indicate of clues if this 250 minutes is just outgoing? Or both incoming and Outgoing??

Also does calls to 1-800 numbers are charged or not ??

Any ideas??

Incoming and outgoing calls both count towards the 250 minutes...better off to just save all the hassle and pay the extra 10.00 a month for unlimited

Best,

Bob

Message 3 of 21 (15,074 Views)
Scholar

I have the 250 plan and it appears from looking at my bill that only the outgoing call are counted.

My bill only shows 2-4 calls being made and I have received more call than that, mostly telemarketing.

Message 4 of 21 (15,078 Views)
Guru

I just activated Voice service this weekend and I did pose that question to the sales person and she confirmed that on the 250 plan, that only includes outgoing calls. Incoming calls are free and doesn't take away from your inclusive plan minutes.

Message 5 of 21 (15,078 Views)
Professor

That makes sense, heck with wrong numbers and solicitors (even with do-not-call) 250 minutes would be gone in no time.

Hope you like Uverse Voice, I've  had it for almost a year and it's been problem free.      (knocking on wood.)

Message 6 of 21 (15,080 Views)
Scholar

Do you know if calling 800 numbers counts against the 250 minutes?
Message 7 of 21 (15,080 Views)
Expert

Yes.

Message 8 of 21 (15,080 Views)
Contributor

I was very surprised when AT&T confirmed that all calls counts against the 250-minute U-verse voice plan - EVEN THE CALL TO 6-1-1 (customer service) to confirm this "feature".  That's ridiculous, support calls should be free.  Also, like wireless, I think calls to other U-verse lines should be free.

Does anyone know where should I send an email to suggest these enhancements?  The "contact us" links are not helpful.

Bill

Message 9 of 21 (15,080 Views)
Expert

Unlike wireless, incoming calls do not count against your 250 minute limit.  Only outgoing calls count against the limit.  Since you want it to be just like wireless, U-verse needs to make that change also so that the incoming calls will count against your limit.

Message 10 of 21 (15,080 Views)

Calls to other U-Verse customers do not use your minutes- (great way to recruit your friends and family)

Message 11 of 21 (13,479 Views)
Contributor

Thanks - you are correct (I hope).  I called AT&T again and I think I got someone who knew what they were talking about.  He confirmed incoming calls are free.  I should be getting my first bill soon ... now if they just had rollover minutes :-)

Also - it appears there is no way to see how many minutes I've used.  Any ideas or do I need to wait for my bill?

Message 12 of 21 (13,481 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

I have has the 250 minute per month plan for a a couple of weeks so far.   250 minutes a month is about 8.3 minutes per day - not a lot.  I have a 1000 minute per year plan on my gophone, so I thought it would be OK for the Uverse phone as well.

But I am not clear if this includes incoming calls or not.  For example, I get a lot of "Robocalls" in the last month, from political campaigns.  Are these counted, even if I hang up right away?

Also, calling AT&T customer service is usually a half-hour phone call.  Love the service, hate the customer service, I'm afraid.

I called AT&T customer service to ask these questions.   The first person spoke in a thick foreign accent and it took him two minutes to bring up my account.  He could not answer my questions.  He transferred me to sales.

The sales person, Marhrindra. said she lived in Rochester, New York.  I did not believe her.  She did not understand my questions, either.  She kept asking me about speed upgrades (I am already at 6.0 mps).

My question was this - I was told by one sales rep that if I upgraded during the first 12 months, I would lose the promotional pricing on my plan.  Mahrindria said this was not true.  Who is right?

Are 1-800 calls to AT&T customer service counted in this plan?   Are incoming calls counted?

I agree that 250 minutes is not enough - in retrospect.   It is a good plan if you are using a line for an alarm system or something (although going to internet alarm monitoring is probably a better idea).

They are offering a $30 discount to "upgrade" online.  But I am skeptical about this, as I was told that if I bite on this, I will lose the huge promotional discount offered initially.

Which is correct?  Customer Service doesn't even speak English very well.

Sorry, but "Call Customer Service" is a horrific answer from somone with an A.C.E. achiever award for 2012.

I will monitor my phone usage (you can check your phone usage on the UVERSE website, which works PRETTY WELL) and post a folllow-up and see whether my 1-800 calls or incoming calls are counted.

Message 13 of 21 (12,177 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Log in to your UVERSE account and click on the phone icon.  You should see a summary like this:

Domestic On Net Shows all calls made to AT&T U-verse Voice service customers. Minutes from these calls will not count against your block-of-time plan. Domestic Off Net Shows all calls made to non-AT&T U-verse Voice service customers. Minutes from these calls will count against your block-of-time plan. InternationalShows any calls made to international numbers.

Unlimited13

13 of 250

0 of 0
Overage = 0

Usage as of: October 17, 2012.

Next billing cycle starts: November 16, 2012.

U-verse Voice Usage Detail

This page contains items associated with using your U-verse Voice service plan, and details of calls that are above and beyond your voice plan.

Filter Usage by

Date and time Place called/Phone # Minutes/Seconds Call type Amount

10/17/12 09:01 AMFAIRFAX/(703) 246-xxxx1:00OFNT$0.00
10/16/12 05:45 PMOCSDPDTN/(760) 725-xxxx2:00OFNT$0.00
10/16/12 05:44 PMOCSDPDTN/(760) 725-xxxx1:00OFNT$0.00
10/16/12 05:40 PMOCSDPDTN/(760) 725-xxxx2:00OFNT$0.00
10/16/12 05:39 PMOCSDPDTN/(760) 725-xxxx1:00OFNT$0.00
10/16/12 02:02 PMARLINGTON/(703) 627-xxxx2:00OFNT$0.00
10/16/12 08:43 AMBRUNSWICK/(912) 265-xxxx4:00OFNT$0.00
Total$0.00

Message 14 of 21 (12,175 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

You will need to click on the link reading:

U-verse Voice Usage Since Last Bill  A summary of your usage that will appear on your next bill.  

to see the report.   It seems to update in real time.  Or at near-real-time.

Message 15 of 21 (12,167 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.