Helpful Links

ATT Uverse Modem, Dropped Connections and Ethernet cable not registering

Tutor

ATT Uverse Modem, Dropped Connections and Ethernet cable not registering

Hello all,

I just recently got ATT Uverse and I found that my internet connection gets dropped rather frequenty. It's happened alot and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas what to do about it.

Also, I'm currently using Wi-Fi, but I would prefer to use an ethernet cable. Yet, it's not registering that it's connected to the modem/ whatever you call it (Residential Gateway? RG?) If it helps, I'm currently using a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium OS.

Can anyone help me here? Many Thanks.

Also as of now UV Realtime isnt working for me.

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: ATT Uverse Modem, Dropped Connections and Ethernet cable not registering

More info needed....model of RG?, single family or multi dwelling unit (apts/condo)?if vdsl RG (3600, 3800, 3801 or i38hg) download uvrealtime and post screen shots.

I suspect your in a MDU with many interferences (for Android devices ...smart phone or tablet.... try free app wifi analyzer) and wifi channel is clustered.

Strongly encourage direct connect Ethernet cable and turnoff wifi in laptop.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

I live in a 2unit house i believe, RG model number is 3801HGV. As for the Ethernet cable, either my laptop is not registering the connection or the RG itself it not registering the connection. I've tried connecting an ethernet cable to my laptop to the RG and turning off the WiFi on my laptop, but it still does not connect.

This is embarassing, but how do I post an image here on these forums? I cant seem to find the button for it.

Message 3 of 7
Employee

Internet only? Or have TV service?, if TVs any issues?
Checklist
1) power light solid green.......check
2) broadband light solid green.....check
3) service light solid green............check
4) Ethernet cable into one of four yelow ports.......check. to laptop....check
............(3801 does not have led indicators like the 3800, 3600)
5) Ethernet light flashing on RG.......check
All systems go should have working internet if was working before (sporadic wireless)

When losing internet wireless is broadband, service lights staying solid green or flashing (signs of reinitation or rebooting)
In other words is issue with sync or strictly wireless connection?

Re: How do I post screenshots from UVRealtime tool on message? 08-01-2012 08:07:55 PM

Insert images into a message using the icon that looks like a tree.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

Internet only for my RG. When it was installed, the Ethernet was working and the light was on. But after I switched to wireless, it stayed off no matter what I did. I turned off my laptop's WiFi, and it still didnt come back on, nor does my computer register that it's connected to the RG, The Ethernet cord is connected to the yellow ports at the back of the RG.

When my connection gets dropped, 

Power Light = stays solid green

Broadband = shuts off and starts flashing

Service light = shuts off and starts flashing

As for the button that looks like a tree, IT IS NOT THERE ON THE POST TOOL BAR

Apologies for CAPS LOCK and Bold, I need to let you know about this. Is it because I'm too new here?

Here are images uploaded onto Tinypic, I do not know if you can use them.

Bitloading

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2mo5cud.png[/IMG]

Error Table

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2zdn2qf.png[/IMG]

Message 5 of 7
Employee

Losing sync need tech dispatched, believe to be bridge tap or other possible line issue (moisture).
In effect the RG takes so many errors before auto rebooting, or sync is unstable (think loose connection).

Please view http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28475325-UV-Realtime-U-verse-Internet-and-TV-Losing-Signal

For hardwired connection when service is solid try factory reset of RG, unplug,depress button above power cord while plugging in, hold....forces a software reload
Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 7
Tutor

I see, btw, is the bridge tap the thing that functions as the filter for Uverse? Also, what sort of tech should I ask for to help? Also, reseting the RG does not help in re-establishing the Ethernet connection, it still does not register the cord even though it's connected.

Many thanks 

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support