Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 20, 2013
2:30:47 PM
View profile
ATT Uverse Bill Gone to Collection​s Agency- Only used service for few hours
Edited by zeroxeno on Dec 20, 2013 at 3:02:42 PM

I ordered ATT Uverse high speed internet 3.0 mbps for $30 a month. I get equipment in the mail (earlier this year around july). Service activation date was around july 18th. I try to activate on correct date but no connection so i call customer service and they say they will send a technician (free of charge). He says there were some wires wrongly connected and fixes it(also tells me theres no charge). I see it working while hes there,he leaves and i go to test the speed to make sure im getting 3.0 speed = 300 and i only get 1.5 so i call customer service again and they say they will send another technician in a few more days. I told them to forget it and i want to cancel my service.

The guy says send back the equipment which i did,i took pictures of the box,tracking # everything. I still got a bill and i called them several times asking what is this bill for? It was $127 for a few months,then recently changed to $72. On top of the $72 it went to a collection agency and i got a letter in the mail today. The service didnt work,they sent a tech (free of charge),got it working but it was wrong speed,i cancel and still get charged.

Even if i used it for a few hours it wasnt even the correct speed. I had the service for maybe 5 days and 3 of those days it wasnt even working ( i had to wait for the technician). They got thier equipment back which one of the customer service representative i spoke to confirmed. I used AT&T in the past but never had this problem before. There was no installation fee by the way.

I ordered ATT Uverse high speed internet 3.0 mbps for $30 a month. I get equipment in the mail (earlier this year around july). Service activation date was around july 18th. I try to activate on correct date but no connection so i call customer service and they say they will send a technician (free of charge). He says there were some wires wrongly connected and fixes it(also tells me theres no charge). I see it working while hes there,he leaves and i go to test the speed to make sure im getting 3.0 speed = 300 and i only get 1.5 so i call customer service again and they say they will send another technician in a few more days. I told them to forget it and i want to cancel my service.

The guy says send back the equipment which i did,i took pictures of the box,tracking # everything. I still got a bill and i called them several times asking what is this bill for? It was $127 for a few months,then recently changed to $72. On top of the $72 it went to a collection agency and i got a letter in the mail today. The service didnt work,they sent a tech (free of charge),got it working but it was wrong speed,i cancel and still get charged.

Even if i used it for a few hours it wasnt even the correct speed. I had the service for maybe 5 days and 3 of those days it wasnt even working ( i had to wait for the technician). They got thier equipment back which one of the customer service representative i spoke to confirmed. I used AT&T in the past but never had this problem before. There was no installation fee by the way.

ATT Uverse Bill Gone to Collection​s Agency- Only used service for few hours

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 3:10:36 PM
(0)
Guru

I would suggest that you contact AT&T Customer Care via private message. These are not the same people as the CS/TS reps you call--they are social media managers who can connect you with the right people to escalate your issue. Include your name, account number and your contact information. Watch the blue envelope at the top right of your screen--they usually reply within 1-2 business days.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

I would suggest that you contact AT&T Customer Care via private message. These are not the same people as the CS/TS reps you call--they are social media managers who can connect you with the right people to escalate your issue. Include your name, account number and your contact information. Watch the blue envelope at the top right of your screen--they usually reply within 1-2 business days.

Re: ATT Uverse Bill Gone to Collection​s Agency- Only used service for few hours

2 of 3 (492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 3:13:54 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response. I sent them a message just now. Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick response. I sent them a message just now. Thanks again.

Re: ATT Uverse Bill Gone to Collection​s Agency- Only used service for few hours

3 of 3 (487 Views)