ATT Utility Box on my property - too close , can it be moved ?

Contributor

ATT Utility Box on my property - too close , can it be moved ?

I just moved into a new construction house in Atlanta area.

To my surprise, I found that the ATT green cylindrical box is within inches from my driveway.

My driveway is curved and they put the box in the worst possible position, causing me nearly hit it

while backing up my car on several occasions.

Problem is even worse for guests who are unaware of the box so close to driveway and damaging their cars.

Can ATT move it a little further away from my driveway? 

Message 1 of 3 (555 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: ATT Utility Box on my property - too close , can it be moved ?

Typically AT&T puts the pedistals in some sort of easement.  Since you say this is a new house, check your plat and see where the easement runs.  If it's not in an easement I would ask that it be moved.  If it's in the easement your S O L.  

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (531 Views)
Employee

Re: ATT Utility Box on my property - too close , can it be moved ?

In total agreement with BeeBeeSA, suspect the utility box was there long before your driveway, this sounds like bad planning on part of house designer or builder in having curved driveway this close to a preexisting structure.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (513 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support