Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 23, 2013
10:59:49 AM
View profile
ATT UVerse Service

My sister who is handycapped lost her Uverse TV and phone service. After receiving a call from her I called ATT-Uverse technical support and was connected to a service person in India. He explained that he would try to guide me through to a possible solution. I said " I live an hour away and would not be able to travel to the service location". He said " there was no way he could help me if I or somebody else wasn't at the service location. I reiterated that my sister is handycapped and he repeated emphatically that someone had to be at the service location. I asked if he could get a service tech to go to the service location and he said no. It appears that ATT Uverse is not equipped to adequately help people who are handycapped or lack the technical savy for direct technical guidance. Anyway, three days later, I was forced to travel an hour to the service location and was guided through a troubleshooting session with a service tech from the U.S.A. (thank God) and after not solving the problem he said he would send a tech to the service location.

My message to ATT is if your going to use foreign workers please train them to be more sensitive to customer situations. The U.S. ATT service person who I finally talked to was very professional and accommodating.

My sister who is handycapped lost her Uverse TV and phone service. After receiving a call from her I called ATT-Uverse technical support and was connected to a service person in India. He explained that he would try to guide me through to a possible solution. I said " I live an hour away and would not be able to travel to the service location". He said " there was no way he could help me if I or somebody else wasn't at the service location. I reiterated that my sister is handycapped and he repeated emphatically that someone had to be at the service location. I asked if he could get a service tech to go to the service location and he said no. It appears that ATT Uverse is not equipped to adequately help people who are handycapped or lack the technical savy for direct technical guidance. Anyway, three days later, I was forced to travel an hour to the service location and was guided through a troubleshooting session with a service tech from the U.S.A. (thank God) and after not solving the problem he said he would send a tech to the service location.

My message to ATT is if your going to use foreign workers please train them to be more sensitive to customer situations. The U.S. ATT service person who I finally talked to was very professional and accommodating.

ATT UVerse Service

1 reply
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 3:54:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'm glad someone got things headed in the right direction to get your issue resolved.  If there is a next time you might have your sister (or even you) try using the Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool.  Here is a link to the page: http://www.att.com/esupport/troubleshoot.jsp#fbid=6-r3LGq3HrX

You can use this tool several different ways.  You can use it by loading the program to a computer, you can run it from the internet, you can run it from a cell phone, or run it right from the TV (if it's working of course).  This might help you out so you don't have to make the drive.  If you use it remotely you will need her log in credentials.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I'm glad someone got things headed in the right direction to get your issue resolved.  If there is a next time you might have your sister (or even you) try using the Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool.  Here is a link to the page: http://www.att.com/esupport/troubleshoot.jsp#fbid=6-r3LGq3HrX

You can use this tool several different ways.  You can use it by loading the program to a computer, you can run it from the internet, you can run it from a cell phone, or run it right from the TV (if it's working of course).  This might help you out so you don't have to make the drive.  If you use it remotely you will need her log in credentials.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ATT UVerse Service

2 of 2 (388 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments