Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 20, 2014
6:53:11 AM
View profile
ATT U Verse needs to expand its Local Government footprint in all communities it serves.

ATT U Verse needs to expand its Local Government footprint in all communities it serves.

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 11:28:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

While your title is a nice complete sentence, it still doesn't provide enough information for me to understand what you're talking about.  I doubt I'm alone.

While your title is a nice complete sentence, it still doesn't provide enough information for me to understand what you're talking about.  I doubt I'm alone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ATT U Verse needs to expand its Local Government footprint in all communities it serves.

2 of 14 (760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 11:37:34 AM
(0)
Contributor
Here in Louisville, Ky the only Public Access TV offered by ATT U-Verse is the City Of New Albany, Indiana which has a population about 10% of Louisville's ( 700K.)

I like New Albany; but I'd rather watch my hometown's Metro Council; than New Albany's City Council.

Sent from my iPhone
Here in Louisville, Ky the only Public Access TV offered by ATT U-Verse is the City Of New Albany, Indiana which has a population about 10% of Louisville's ( 700K.)

I like New Albany; but I'd rather watch my hometown's Metro Council; than New Albany's City Council.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: ATT U Verse needs to expand its Local Government footprint in all communities it serves.

3 of 14 (760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 11:44:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Feb 20, 2014 at 11:48:48 AM

Does the City of Louisville provide a public access TV feed of its Metro Council?

EDIT:  I see that it does:  http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroTV/.

I'd go to AT&T's channel suggestion form and request it.  Here's the link:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

If they ever do carry it, it would very likely be on Channel 99.

Does the City of Louisville provide a public access TV feed of its Metro Council?

EDIT:  I see that it does:  http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroTV/.

I'd go to AT&T's channel suggestion form and request it.  Here's the link:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

If they ever do carry it, it would very likely be on Channel 99.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 14 (758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 1:16:40 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by siouxmoux on Feb 20, 2014 at 1:17:49 PM

Here in the SF Bay Area Market, ATT has 52 Communities so far that sign up and bought the required network gear   from att to broadcast on their government channel 99. Where I live, here in San Jose Ca, our Public Access channels here has stated in a press release that they are Too Cheap and have no intention in buying required network gear to broadcast on ATT government channel 99.

Here in the SF Bay Area Market, ATT has 52 Communities so far that sign up and bought the required network gear   from att to broadcast on their government channel 99. Where I live, here in San Jose Ca, our Public Access channels here has stated in a press release that they are Too Cheap and have no intention in buying required network gear to broadcast on ATT government channel 99.

Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

[ Edited ]
5 of 14 (746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 4:53:21 PM
(0)
Scholar

They seem to have ALMOST everything covered here in Southeast Wisconsin, except Kenosha's Education and Public Access channels are not available. The City Government access channel is available.

Kenosha is a city of about 100,000, in the Milwaukee TV market. Since we get all of the access channels available to us in the market, here's what we have (That is when they work, sometimes they don't connect):

Cedarburg Government Access

Germantown Government Access

Greenfield Government Access

Hartford City Hall TV (Government and Local Access)

Hartland Village Television (Government Access)

Kenosha Government Access (Public and Education Access channels are missing)

Milwaukee Government Access

Milwaukee Public Access Channel 14 (Professional Public Access)

Milwaukee Public Access Channel 96 (Non Professional Public Access)

Milwaukee Public Schools (Education Access)

MATC (Milwaukee-Area Technical College channel)

Milwaukee Higher Education (Non-English Newscasts in various languages)

Oak Creek Community TV (Government Access)

Pleasant Prairie Government Access

Racine Government/Community Access

Sheboygan Community Television (Public Access)

Sheboygan Education Access

Waukesha Government Access

Wauwatosa Government Access

West Allis Government/Community Access

West Bent Government/Community Access

We're pretty well covered around here, sometimes they just don't connect, others (such as public access) are simply not carried. These days, many Public and Educational Access channels stream online free, so it's not impossible to access them. 

They seem to have ALMOST everything covered here in Southeast Wisconsin, except Kenosha's Education and Public Access channels are not available. The City Government access channel is available.

Kenosha is a city of about 100,000, in the Milwaukee TV market. Since we get all of the access channels available to us in the market, here's what we have (That is when they work, sometimes they don't connect):

Cedarburg Government Access

Germantown Government Access

Greenfield Government Access

Hartford City Hall TV (Government and Local Access)

Hartland Village Television (Government Access)

Kenosha Government Access (Public and Education Access channels are missing)

Milwaukee Government Access

Milwaukee Public Access Channel 14 (Professional Public Access)

Milwaukee Public Access Channel 96 (Non Professional Public Access)

Milwaukee Public Schools (Education Access)

MATC (Milwaukee-Area Technical College channel)

Milwaukee Higher Education (Non-English Newscasts in various languages)

Oak Creek Community TV (Government Access)

Pleasant Prairie Government Access

Racine Government/Community Access

Sheboygan Community Television (Public Access)

Sheboygan Education Access

Waukesha Government Access

Wauwatosa Government Access

West Allis Government/Community Access

West Bent Government/Community Access

We're pretty well covered around here, sometimes they just don't connect, others (such as public access) are simply not carried. These days, many Public and Educational Access channels stream online free, so it's not impossible to access them. 

6 of 14 (707 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 10:29:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Feb 21, 2014 at 10:35:28 AM

AT&T set up the PEG channels as an app, and gosh darn it, they (AT&T) like it....  Others, not so much.

Unfortuantely some cities have complained about the app versus channel placement as the municiplaties have to jump through more hoops to get on the air, moreso than they do with cable.  Also there is no way they can be recorded.   With Comcast it was right there on channel 16, no having to hunt for it and scroll through every burg' in the state.  Smiley Happy

OP: I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  The one thing is that you reside in Indiana.  I know that AT&T has some weird ways of doing things when it comes to state borders versus metro regions.  Do the other cable companies in New Albany, carry Lousville's Govt channels?  And one more question - do you call it lew-UH-vul or LOO-ee-ville? Smiley Wink I have family in Clarskville.  I call it the latter but they say the former, lol.

AT&T set up the PEG channels as an app, and gosh darn it, they (AT&T) like it....  Others, not so much.

Unfortuantely some cities have complained about the app versus channel placement as the municiplaties have to jump through more hoops to get on the air, moreso than they do with cable.  Also there is no way they can be recorded.   With Comcast it was right there on channel 16, no having to hunt for it and scroll through every burg' in the state.  Smiley Happy

OP: I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  The one thing is that you reside in Indiana.  I know that AT&T has some weird ways of doing things when it comes to state borders versus metro regions.  Do the other cable companies in New Albany, carry Lousville's Govt channels?  And one more question - do you call it lew-UH-vul or LOO-ee-ville? Smiley Wink I have family in Clarskville.  I call it the latter but they say the former, lol.

[ Edited ]
7 of 14 (664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 9:04:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

I believe he said he lives in Kentucky, and found it strange that he could get a public access channel for some town in Indiana, but not for his own city in Louisville, Kentucky.

There are a host of technical reasons why AT&T prefers the current arrangement.  I don't see any reason why it provides any higher requirements for the local goverenments to jump through than having individual channels; the requirements to the video provider would be pretty much the same either way.

Louisville, KY's web site provides ready archives of past events, so recording shouldn't be all that much of an issue here.  They appear to keep and publish pretty good schedules of activities, unlike most local public access channels (which makes having a guide, a requirement for recording, problematic).

dhascall wrote:

I believe he said he lives in Kentucky, and found it strange that he could get a public access channel for some town in Indiana, but not for his own city in Louisville, Kentucky.

There are a host of technical reasons why AT&T prefers the current arrangement.  I don't see any reason why it provides any higher requirements for the local goverenments to jump through than having individual channels; the requirements to the video provider would be pretty much the same either way.

Louisville, KY's web site provides ready archives of past events, so recording shouldn't be all that much of an issue here.  They appear to keep and publish pretty good schedules of activities, unlike most local public access channels (which makes having a guide, a requirement for recording, problematic).

8 of 14 (622 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 8:19:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

dhascall wrote:

He lives in New Albany, which is an Indiana community on the North side of the Ohio River, directly across from Louisville.  He did confuse things by saying "here in Louisville."  I would say half the folks in Clarksville, Jeffersonville and New Albany (all Indiana towns) work and play in Louisville.  He does have a vested interest in Louisville but lives in Hoosierdom......

JefferMC wrote:

dhascall wrote:

He lives in New Albany, which is an Indiana community on the North side of the Ohio River, directly across from Louisville.  He did confuse things by saying "here in Louisville."  I would say half the folks in Clarksville, Jeffersonville and New Albany (all Indiana towns) work and play in Louisville.  He does have a vested interest in Louisville but lives in Hoosierdom......

9 of 14 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 8:33:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

Sorry, I still think you are the confused one Smiley Wink

Rusty.herron1942 wrote:

Here in Louisville, Ky the only Public Access TV offered by ATT U-Verse is the City Of New Albany, Indiana which has a population about 10% of Louisville's ( 700K.) I like New Albany; but I'd rather watch my hometown's Metro Council; than New Albany's City Council.

Let's parse this out:

"Here in Louisville, Ky".

Seems pretty clear, "I am in Louisville."  

"I like new Albany; but I'd rather watch my hometown's Metro Council; than New Alabany's City Council"

Again, he's contrasting "New Albany" against "my hometown," showing that they are two different places.

dhascall wrote:

Sorry, I still think you are the confused one Smiley Wink

Rusty.herron1942 wrote:

Here in Louisville, Ky the only Public Access TV offered by ATT U-Verse is the City Of New Albany, Indiana which has a population about 10% of Louisville's ( 700K.) I like New Albany; but I'd rather watch my hometown's Metro Council; than New Albany's City Council.

Let's parse this out:

"Here in Louisville, Ky".

Seems pretty clear, "I am in Louisville."  

"I like new Albany; but I'd rather watch my hometown's Metro Council; than New Alabany's City Council"

Again, he's contrasting "New Albany" against "my hometown," showing that they are two different places.

10 of 14 (509 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 9:09:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

He could have been clearer.  I think that he thought that most knew where New Albany (NA) was in relationship to Louisville.  Who know, amy be he was in Louisville when he posted (on his iPhone)?  At any rate, thanks for sharing the info on how he can access it, online. 

Speaking of Geography: Some friend on Facebook had a rant cocerning the Indianapolis suburb of Greenwood.  Greenwood is in Johnson county and sets about a dozen or so miles South of downtown Indianapolis.  Unfortunately many people call the area of Southern Indianapolis (which is in Marion County) "Greenwood."   So that is a bit similar to him calling NA Louisville, when he probably should have said Louisville metro. 

He could have been clearer.  I think that he thought that most knew where New Albany (NA) was in relationship to Louisville.  Who know, amy be he was in Louisville when he posted (on his iPhone)?  At any rate, thanks for sharing the info on how he can access it, online. 

Speaking of Geography: Some friend on Facebook had a rant cocerning the Indianapolis suburb of Greenwood.  Greenwood is in Johnson county and sets about a dozen or so miles South of downtown Indianapolis.  Unfortunately many people call the area of Southern Indianapolis (which is in Marion County) "Greenwood."   So that is a bit similar to him calling NA Louisville, when he probably should have said Louisville metro. 

11 of 14 (499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 5:49:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

He could have been clearer.  ...  So that is a bit similar to him calling NA Louisville, when he probably should have said Louisville metro. 

Once again, he never referred to any part of "New Albany" as being "Louisville."  He was saying:

1) I live in Louisville.

2) but the only public affairs channel I can find on U-verse is from this other town in another state called New Albany.

3) Isn't it strange that I live in one city (Louisville) in one state (KY), but all I can watch is the affairs of a small town (New Albany) across the river in another state (IN).

I thought he was perfectly clear.

dhascall wrote:

He could have been clearer.  ...  So that is a bit similar to him calling NA Louisville, when he probably should have said Louisville metro. 

Once again, he never referred to any part of "New Albany" as being "Louisville."  He was saying:

1) I live in Louisville.

2) but the only public affairs channel I can find on U-verse is from this other town in another state called New Albany.

3) Isn't it strange that I live in one city (Louisville) in one state (KY), but all I can watch is the affairs of a small town (New Albany) across the river in another state (IN).

I thought he was perfectly clear.

12 of 14 (471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 12:34:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I reread and I was totally off mah rocker.  He lives in Louisville but finds it odd that he can watch NA's town "doings" but not Louisville's.  What Jeffer said!  Took me a week.  My bad, lol.

I reread and I was totally off mah rocker.  He lives in Louisville but finds it odd that he can watch NA's town "doings" but not Louisville's.  What Jeffer said!  Took me a week.  My bad, lol.

13 of 14 (424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2014 10:36:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

Here in Costa Mesa, Orange County, California, AT&T U-verse provides the City of Costa Mesa channel and our local school board, but does not provide the Public Access channel.  We get a channel for the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, but not the one for Orange County.  U-verse also doesn't carry The California Channel, which is like a C-SPAN version of the California Legislature.

Time-Warner carries all the channels that U-verse is missing, in addition to the ones U-verse does carry except for the L.A. County BOS.

Here in Costa Mesa, Orange County, California, AT&T U-verse provides the City of Costa Mesa channel and our local school board, but does not provide the Public Access channel.  We get a channel for the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, but not the one for Orange County.  U-verse also doesn't carry The California Channel, which is like a C-SPAN version of the California Legislature.

Time-Warner carries all the channels that U-verse is missing, in addition to the ones U-verse does carry except for the L.A. County BOS.

iPhone 5S Verizon Wireless

14 of 14 (404 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments