AT&T u-verse does not carry the CW?

Contributor

AT&T u-verse does not carry the CW?

[ Edited ]

On another forum they suggested going to this site:  http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations/ to see if The CW is in your area.  I checked mine and The CW is only available with Comcast/Xfinity or over-the-air.  So where I live uverse users are currently hosed!

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Message 1 of 25 (35,277 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T u-verse does not carry the CW?

tom2step100 wrote:

Not sure if you missed the part in my post where I said "I asked point blank abount any..." That is me(myself) doing my  "homework" asking the company that provieds the service what stations I will lose by moving and being told Halmark. Sir I am not posting with regreats about not asking, I did ask. If I want to know if a new car comes with all the options of the last car I ask the guy selling the car. I've seen in a couple of other post you and a couple others atack newbies with snarky remarks, I am not suprised that you did the same to me, and made no comments about the  lies  bad info given me to hook a new customer by the sponser of your little kingdom here.

I hate that you were lied to, too.  BUT I'm sorry - I read your post - and it still doesn't matter.  I just am more proactive than that.  Maybe to a fault.  

I never post any attacks.  You must have me confused with someone else.  I'm just keeping it real.  If you check my profile, I joined this forum 4-5 months before I ever got U-Verse (installed Oct 2008).  I researched, researched and researched before I spend over $1000 a year on something.  I trust no one when I'm doing such a major switch to being truthful.

Was this a d2d sales person?  In an AT&T store oir where?  You could contact  AT&T Customer Care, and ask them to investigate your grievance.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 25 (33,282 Views)
ACE - Master

hwkn wrote:

In Chicago on Uverse the CW's on 9/1009 btw.[not on a subchannel]

Thanks, it just depends on whether the local CW affiliate is on a main broadcast channel (UV carries) or a subchannel (UV does not).  I do wish AT&T would carry the DTV subs.  They are not proactive ion that regard.  It REALLY blows if you live in or around Toledo, Ohio.  The CW is a virtual channel (closed circuit) and is only carried by a couple of cable companies, who own the thing.  Talk about restraint of trade!

Luckily, AT&T has said that they would carry the CW, Nationally, but no idae when.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 25 (33,282 Views)

tom2step100 wrote:

Not sure if you missed the part in my post where I said "I asked point blank abount any..." That is me(myself) doing my  "homework" asking the company that provieds the service what stations I will lose by moving and being told Halmark. Sir I am not posting with regreats about not asking, I did ask. If I want to know if a new car comes with all the options of the last car I ask the guy selling the car. I've seen in a couple of other post you and a couple others atack newbies with snarky remarks, I am not suprised that you did the same to me, and made no comments about the  lies  bad info given me to hook a new customer by the sponser of your little kingdom here.

Actually you asking that question is rather vague.  Most UVerse sales people and/or customer service agents do not have UVerse themselves and as such they cannot in all truthfulness tell you channel for channel what is different.  The channel lineup is available online for your zip code and checking it was the first thing I did prior to ordering 3 years ago.  It's updated every time a new channel is added as well as when a channel such as Hallmark or NHL Network have been removed.  CW Network is in some broadcast areas as a local option just not all. So while you did not recieve the answer you were looking for, the agent you spoke with more than likely wasn't attempting to give you misinformation.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 18 of 25 (33,270 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

tom2step100 wrote:

You're assuming the salesman not only knows every detail about the new car, but also about your old car. How would the salesman know if your old car has an unusual feature like voice-activated sunroof?

Message 19 of 25 (33,236 Views)
Contributor

I'm so mad. I just got AT&T Uverse and it doesn't have the CW on it. I watch a few shows on that channel and am not happy that they don't have it. They did at one time. What happened?

Message 20 of 25 (31,775 Views)
Scholar

I also get local CW channel in Atlanta which WUPA .

Message 21 of 25 (31,770 Views)
Explorer

Where are you located? Did you check what channels are available in your area before you signed up for U-Verse? A little research would have given you an answer before you chose U-Verse.

Message 22 of 25 (31,699 Views)

KalGal2 wrote:

I'm so mad. I just got AT&T Uverse and it doesn't have the CW on it. I watch a few shows on that channel and am not happy that they don't have it. They did at one time. What happened?

It depends on where you live and whether your CW network is a subchannel or a broadcast channel. In areas where it's a broadcast channel it's available, such as Dallas, in others where it's a sub channel it's not carried.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 23 of 25 (31,675 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

According the the CW guide channel 31 and 1031 on UVerse in Sacramento is the CW, but it come up as KCRA.  Hmmm.

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations/

Message 24 of 25 (23,303 Views)
ACE - Master

masonburdette wrote:

According the the CW guide channel 31 and 1031 on UVerse in Sacramento is the CW, but it come up as KCRA.  Hmmm.

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations/

According to the U-Verse channel list, KCRA (NBC) should be on 3/1003 and KMAX (CW) should be on 31/1031.  Please look / try again.

Message 25 of 25 (23,296 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.