AT&T u-verse does not carry the CW?

Contributor

AT&T u-verse does not carry the CW?

[ Edited ]

On another forum they suggested going to this site:  http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations/ to see if The CW is in your area.  I checked mine and The CW is only available with Comcast/Xfinity or over-the-air.  So where I live uverse users are currently hosed!

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Message 1 of 25 (35,226 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: AT&T u-verse does not carry the CW?

In many areas, the CW is carried as a digital subchannel, which Uverse doesn't carry. Many Uverse users can receive digital subchannels via an over-the-air antenna.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 25 (35,152 Views)
Scholar

skipbl92 wrote:

On another forum they suggested going to this site:  http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations/ to see if The CW is in your area.  I checked mine and The CW is only available with Comcast/Xfinity or over-the-air.  So where I live uverse users are currently hosed!

Same in my area. COMCAST DOES CARRY sub-channels, U-VERSE DOES NOT.

Message 3 of 25 (35,076 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

dian1950 wrote:

skipbl92 wrote:

Larry11 aka Paul 416 aka numerous other names. I cannot believe that a large city like Chicago would not have a regular over the air channel showing the CW rather than depending on a sub-channel.

What do you expect from a city that has not won a World Series since 1908 or even won a pennant since 1945?

Why don't you list for all of us subscribers the many reasons Comcast is so much better than U-Verse. We would like to know. I am sure you are totally familiar with the list since you tout your beloved Comcast so often.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 25 (35,067 Views)
ACE - Master

skipbl92 wrote:

AT&T has stated that they are working on a solution to bring the CW to all.  We shall see.  They really need to bring subchannels to all too.

Message 5 of 25 (35,058 Views)

I consider myself lucky that CW is an OTA channel here in Dallas. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 25 (34,996 Views)
Professor

dwinth wrote:

dian1950 wrote:

skipbl92 wrote:

Larry11 aka Paul 416 aka numerous other names. I cannot believe that a large city like Chicago would not have a regular over the air channel showing the CW rather than depending on a sub-channel.

What do you expect from a city that has not won a World Series since 1908 or even won a pennant since 1945?

Why don't you list for all of us subscribers the many reasons Comcast is so much better than U-Verse. We would like to know. I am sure you are totally familiar with the list since you tout your beloved Comcast so often.

Chicago White Sox won the World Series in 2005. :smileywink:

Message 7 of 25 (34,950 Views)
ACE - Professor

jfw wrote:

dwinth wrote:

dian1950 wrote:

skipbl92 wrote:

Chicago White Sox won the World Series in 2005. :smileywink:

As a Cardinal fan, I was only thinking of the Cubs. I like the White Sox, though.

Message 8 of 25 (34,892 Views)
Contributor

oufanindallas wrote:

I consider myself lucky that CW is an OTA channel here in Dallas. 

So wait ... your U-verse pulls in CW 33?  I am visiting my parents' place, and I can't tune in to 33 at all. Unlike MeTV's standard def channel 47, which I can tune in on U-verse and even record if I type "47" into the remote, the CW doesn't come up if I type "33" -- and neither one appears in the Guide, meaning I can't timeshift. So what am I doing differently from you? Is it a different channel number?

It's driving me crazy. I can get, more or less, why U-Verse would decline to carry sub-channels -- although when I'm over here, I sorely miss watching AntennaTV 33.2 -- but it baffles me that they refuse even to cooperate with locals that are broadcasting on ordinary OTA frequencies. Having used OTA for the past six months since cancelling Direct, I've become very fond of some of those channels, and while I realize some people simply pay for U-verse and then use a digital OTA antenna to get their other channels, I can't imagine paying these kind of prices and still having to hassle with the other stuff. I've had DirecTV and Dish in Dallas and TWC Digital in North Carolina. So far even DirecTV - which I thought was pretty crappy - has the edge over U-verse with respect to these channels. I laugh every time TWC runs ads claiming the Verizon FIOS deals are illusory, though, when their own prices aren't better; if only Verizon FIOS were offered in my part of Dallas, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat, and they even have the subchannels. U-verse, OTOH, isn't winning any points from me so far. So tell me if I'm just dialing the wrong number into my remote, because the Guide cannot be made to show all the channels I can tune in -- even the SD versions of local networks like NBC, ABC, etc.

Message 9 of 25 (34,313 Views)
Expert

In Dallas, CW is channel 9/1009 in the U-verse channel lineup.

Message 10 of 25 (34,307 Views)

Yep, I record Arrow every week. Awesome show.  As TG stated it's channel 9/1009 in the DFW area.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 11 of 25 (34,262 Views)
Voyager

Oh man, ONE day with U-verse and a problem. This bothers me a lot because after going through the AMC deal with Dish I asked point blank about any chanel that I wound not get and was told only Halmark. Just Great, I DVR arrow each week, will not get a out side anntena just for that, will just pull it off the net i guess. Dang I hate being lied too.

Edited for the D-word, :-)

Message 12 of 25 (33,878 Views)
ACE - Master

tom2step100 wrote:

Oh man, ONE day with U-verse and a problem. This bothers me a lot because after going through the AMC deal with Dish I asked point blank about any chanel that I wound not get and was told only Halmark. Just Great, I DVR arrow each week, will not get a out side anntena just for that, will just pull it off the net i guess. Dang I hate being lied too.

Edited for the D-word, :-)

Or Dang, you hate doing your own homeowrk?  I would never switch TV providers without checking the providers TV listings myself, to ensure that everything that was important to me and my family was carried.  Maybe it's just me but switching TV providers is not a trivial procedure. 

Message 13 of 25 (33,769 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

Not sure if you missed the part in my post where I said "I asked point blank abount any..." That is me(myself) doing my  "homework" asking the company that provieds the service what stations I will lose by moving and being told Halmark. Sir I am not posting with regreats about not asking, I did ask. If I want to know if a new car comes with all the options of the last car I ask the guy selling the car. I've seen in a couple of other post you and a couple others atack newbies with snarky remarks, I am not suprised that you did the same to me, and made no comments about the  lies  bad info given me to hook a new customer by the sponser of your little kingdom here.

Message 14 of 25 (33,721 Views)
Scholar

In Chicago on Uverse the CW's on 9/1009 btw.[not on a subchannel]

Message 15 of 25 (33,689 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.