AT&T service / customer communication complaint

Contributor

AT&T service / customer communication complaint

I've been very disappointed over the past few days with the service that has been provided by AT&T regarding my Uverse internet plan. Having come home from work on the 11th to find my internet was not functioning i called in support and after going through all of the troubleshooting steps asked to was informed that there was likely an issue with my box and a technician was going to be sent out to repair. We scheduled the call and a few hours past when the phone rang and an AT&T agent informed my tech was to be cancelled as the issue was 'in my area' and not solely with my connection.

Hoping that as this was apparently effecting more than just myself the repair would be expedited now, I was pleased after this call.

Unfortunately this was not the case.. 4 days later and I’m finally on the internet again.. no ETA through the process, no communication that the issue was resolved, and nothing from customer care to apologize for the downtime? I hope this downtime will be accounted for in my next billing statement?

Message 1 of 2 (354 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T service / customer communication complaint

Depending on the area and the amount of affected subscribers that had service issues at the same time as you could be stagering.  What if AT&T din;t have everyones number?  They don't have a reverse 911 type system to alert people to when the outage will be fixed.  Plus they probably don't know. 

What if a fiber was cut two counties over and it takes 2 days to get it fixed.  No one knows exactly how long it will take.  If they were wrong, customers would be even more mad because it wasn't fixed on time.

Sometimes stuff happens!! 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.