Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 12, 2013
11:07:17 AM
View profile
AT&T says I cannot get Uverse
Edited by Phil-101 on Nov 12, 2013 at 11:48:44 AM

So I call and schedule someone to come out because I want to talk to someone local about why U-verse isn’t available. A week later, the day of install nobody shows. I call and my order was lost and it will be another week until someone can show up. A week later a tech shows up and proceeds to tell me a bunch of my neighbors have U-verse and faster DSL service. He says that since I live on the corner that all the lines run through my yard and that I can have either and it’s just a matter of getting my house in the system. He even takes a reading at my house and says it looks like I can’t get 6mbps down but 3mbps will work fine. YEA! The tech mentions that the “stick” in my yard is falling over and he’s going to schedule someone to come fix that. He also says that the wire going to my house is dropping packets and he is going to get that replaced too. It’s been over a month and that has never happened. So move on to me calling AT&T and telling them what the tech said. They said great, this happens all the time and they know what to do. They put in a “request for verification” to see if my house can have U-verse. They say I promise I will call you back as soon as the request comes back. A week later I call because nobody has called me and the “request for verification” has been completed and attached to my account. Unfortunately its blank. Whoever closed this ticket didn’t fill something out properly and now we have to submit another “request for verification”. Of course they will call me as soon as this comes in. A week later I call in because nobody has ever called me. The person I speak with cant find anything noted in my account. After some digging he finds it under a different name, on a house that I no longer own and with the wrong phone number attached. Everything seems to be working against me but at least he found it! Now the bad news, the response says that the signal isn’t strong enough for you to have U-verse or anything stronger. The support person says they probably didn’t even go to the house that they probably just examined it from the switching station I’m at the end of my rope, the lines carrying U-verse and high-speed internet to my neighbors runs through my yard. AT&T is so large that I can’t talk to anyone that has actual knowledge of my house or area. I feel like the best route would be to go out to my yard and cut the lines to the neighborhood to get someone out to my house (I would never do this). Does anyone have any suggestion or knowledge on how I can get to the next level? The support people that I have spoken with have all been super nice and have done everything within their power to help me but it’s not enough. My address is *****. Thank you Jeremy ****

[edited for privacy]

So I call and schedule someone to come out because I want to talk to someone local about why U-verse isn’t available. A week later, the day of install nobody shows. I call and my order was lost and it will be another week until someone can show up. A week later a tech shows up and proceeds to tell me a bunch of my neighbors have U-verse and faster DSL service. He says that since I live on the corner that all the lines run through my yard and that I can have either and it’s just a matter of getting my house in the system. He even takes a reading at my house and says it looks like I can’t get 6mbps down but 3mbps will work fine. YEA! The tech mentions that the “stick” in my yard is falling over and he’s going to schedule someone to come fix that. He also says that the wire going to my house is dropping packets and he is going to get that replaced too. It’s been over a month and that has never happened. So move on to me calling AT&T and telling them what the tech said. They said great, this happens all the time and they know what to do. They put in a “request for verification” to see if my house can have U-verse. They say I promise I will call you back as soon as the request comes back. A week later I call because nobody has called me and the “request for verification” has been completed and attached to my account. Unfortunately its blank. Whoever closed this ticket didn’t fill something out properly and now we have to submit another “request for verification”. Of course they will call me as soon as this comes in. A week later I call in because nobody has ever called me. The person I speak with cant find anything noted in my account. After some digging he finds it under a different name, on a house that I no longer own and with the wrong phone number attached. Everything seems to be working against me but at least he found it! Now the bad news, the response says that the signal isn’t strong enough for you to have U-verse or anything stronger. The support person says they probably didn’t even go to the house that they probably just examined it from the switching station I’m at the end of my rope, the lines carrying U-verse and high-speed internet to my neighbors runs through my yard. AT&T is so large that I can’t talk to anyone that has actual knowledge of my house or area. I feel like the best route would be to go out to my yard and cut the lines to the neighborhood to get someone out to my house (I would never do this). Does anyone have any suggestion or knowledge on how I can get to the next level? The support people that I have spoken with have all been super nice and have done everything within their power to help me but it’s not enough. My address is *****. Thank you Jeremy ****

[edited for privacy]

AT&T says I cannot get Uverse

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 12:51:00 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, jhower!

Thanks for posting! I'm very sorry to hear about your recent experiences trying to get U-verse installed. I understand how frustrating it is to go so long trying to get services installed.

If you send us a private message by clicking here, we can definitely get to the bottom of this. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Please allow two business days for a response, and keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, I'm always available if you have any other questions or concerns! Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience and look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, jhower!

Thanks for posting! I'm very sorry to hear about your recent experiences trying to get U-verse installed. I understand how frustrating it is to go so long trying to get services installed.

If you send us a private message by clicking here, we can definitely get to the bottom of this. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Please allow two business days for a response, and keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, I'm always available if you have any other questions or concerns! Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience and look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T says I cannot get Uverse

2 of 2 (249 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments