AT&T's 300Mbps internet launches in Austin

Mentor

AT&T's 300Mbps internet launches in Austin

AT&T loves Austin,TX and is rebuilding it's network over again with 100% FTTH so they can enjoy super-fast and an enchance TV experience (more than 4 streams). Initial service will be 300Mpbs for $99 with a free upgrade to 1Gbps will available in 2014. If you don't mind ads they will be an ad-subsidized version for $70. Imagine if AT&T would of just skipped FTTN and jumped on the Verizon's Fios strategy from the start.

Austin GigaPower

http://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/austin-fiber.html#fbid=Fw1n8p8qKds

Press Release

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB422146#fbid=I30byYMVP74

Message 1 of 7
Community Manager

Re: AT&T's 300Mbps internet launches in Austin

Hello, kgraham182!

Thanks for your post! The press release is very informative for anyone considering U-verse with GigaPower.

We look forward to hearing from GigaPower customers soon!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Expert

kgraham182 wrote:

...Imagine if AT&T would of just skipped FTTN and jumped on the Verizon's Fios strategy from the start.

You mean imagine if AT&T had hemmoraged as much cash as Verizon on the fiber build out and still hadn't resumed U-verse expansion?  (Last I heard Verizon had still not resumed FiOS expansion).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Mentor

I just ordered it this am, and am waiting (impatiently) for the install date. 

Originally ATT said my area would NOT get GigaPower, but they apparently realized that they had fiber in this NEW / upscale neighborhood.  Smiley Happy 

I'm excited to be one of the first to get it.

Message 4 of 7
Mentor

I'll be more useful after Saturday 12/14, when my install is done. 

YAY!

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

We will be expecting your detailed "imbedded reporter on the front lines" report.  Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
Mentor

More than happy to do it. 

This will be exciting. 

Keeps me to my "Early Adopter" motto Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support