Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 2, 2013
1:03:56 PM
View profile
AT&T is the most disorganized and unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 2, 2013 at 1:06:14 PM

And I though Comcast was bad... I put the order numbers in here in the event someone @ AT&T wants to try and figure out how things got so screwed up.

On 8/17/11 I ordered U-Verse and it was supposed to be installed on 8/24/11. On the install day, the tech came, installed a box on the outside of the house. Tested the wiring and then said U-Verse wasn't available in my neighborhood yet. Nice. Waste of time, AT&T looked incompetent.

Order number:

Fast forward.... I ordered U-Verse AGAIN on 6/23/13. (Stupid, I know). Install date was for 7/2/13 from 1pm-3pm. I get the confirmation emails, etc. On the day of the installation, I take the day off. My wife calls the morning of the installation to confirm. She spoke with 'Shane' who confirmed the installation. I wait until 2:45pm then call in to find out whats up. I spend 30 minutes on the phone being transferred from department to department. Finally I am infomed there is an 'error' and the install date was moved to the 10th. Everyone on the phone acts like that is supposed to be a satisfactory answer. I asked repeatedly to a supervisor and after another 15 minutes, I finally speak to one who understands my frustration but has no real resolution. So that's where things are. Two missed days from work and STILL no U-Verse, no explanation, no compensation, NOTHING. Nice job guys.At this point, I am thinking of calling the local news channels to see who wants to run with the story. 

Order Number:

[edited for privacy]

And I though Comcast was bad... I put the order numbers in here in the event someone @ AT&T wants to try and figure out how things got so screwed up.

On 8/17/11 I ordered U-Verse and it was supposed to be installed on 8/24/11. On the install day, the tech came, installed a box on the outside of the house. Tested the wiring and then said U-Verse wasn't available in my neighborhood yet. Nice. Waste of time, AT&T looked incompetent.

Order number:

Fast forward.... I ordered U-Verse AGAIN on 6/23/13. (Stupid, I know). Install date was for 7/2/13 from 1pm-3pm. I get the confirmation emails, etc. On the day of the installation, I take the day off. My wife calls the morning of the installation to confirm. She spoke with 'Shane' who confirmed the installation. I wait until 2:45pm then call in to find out whats up. I spend 30 minutes on the phone being transferred from department to department. Finally I am infomed there is an 'error' and the install date was moved to the 10th. Everyone on the phone acts like that is supposed to be a satisfactory answer. I asked repeatedly to a supervisor and after another 15 minutes, I finally speak to one who understands my frustration but has no real resolution. So that's where things are. Two missed days from work and STILL no U-Verse, no explanation, no compensation, NOTHING. Nice job guys.At this point, I am thinking of calling the local news channels to see who wants to run with the story. 

Order Number:

[edited for privacy]

AT&T is the most disorganized and unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 1:38:36 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi there agit8or. Thanks for coming to the Community and posting about your experience. I'm sorry it's been so difficult. If you send us a Private Message with your full name, contact information, best time you can be reached and your order number, one of our amazing managers will gladly contact you to try to assist. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hi there agit8or. Thanks for coming to the Community and posting about your experience. I'm sorry it's been so difficult. If you send us a Private Message with your full name, contact information, best time you can be reached and your order number, one of our amazing managers will gladly contact you to try to assist. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T is the most disorganized and unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.

2 of 3 (200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 1:52:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just an update.... Roy from AT&T called me. Very helpful, and sympathetic. After spending almost 2 hours on the phone with people telling me they couldn't get me reschduled any quicker, Roy got the installation scheduled for first thing this morning. The installer was early and finished in less than an hour. Everything went great, Roy even followed up with a call. I am very happy, good job turning this around! Thanks Roy!

Just an update.... Roy from AT&T called me. Very helpful, and sympathetic. After spending almost 2 hours on the phone with people telling me they couldn't get me reschduled any quicker, Roy got the installation scheduled for first thing this morning. The installer was early and finished in less than an hour. Everything went great, Roy even followed up with a call. I am very happy, good job turning this around! Thanks Roy!

Re: AT&T is the most disorganized and unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.

3 of 3 (193 Views)