Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 16, 2013
8:28:31 PM
AT&T exclusive provider in my sub-division but won't install services
Background - I moved into my home, a new construction, in an up and coming sub-division in Round Rock, TX. AT&amp;T is the exclusive provider of high-speed Internet in my area, so I had no choice but to go with them. Ordered service and had a scheduled installation date of 8/27. Received a phone call the evening of 8/26 indicating that the due to &quot;engineering problems&quot; my appointment had to be rescheduled for another date. I work from home - I NEED Internet access, so obviously I was a little peeved that I got this call THE NIGHT BEFORE.<br><br>Called the following morning to find out what happened. No one could give me any answer as to why the appt got rescheduled. Asked when my installation date will be. Still no answer. Was told that at the time, they couldn't give me an exact date. Was asked to call back in a week to see if there were any updates. A week later, I called back, same issue. No one could tell me why the appointment had been rescheduled and no one knew what my new installation appointment was. I was beyond upset. At this point, I refused to get off the phone until someone could give me answers. 45 minutes later and after being transferred several times, I was finally told that there was an issue with how the order was placed and that my new installation date would be 9/12.<br><br>I called back everyday leading up to the 12th to ensure that all was well. Was told by everyone I spoke to that everything was on track. On the night of the 11th, received a voicemail that my appointment had to be rescheduled due to engineering problems and now they have no ETA as to when installation can occur. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!<br><br>Called first thing the next morning and demanded explanation. Hours of the run around, several levels of escalations later, was finally told that because there is construction going on in my neighborhood, AT&amp;T could not install my service and has no idea when they will be able to.<br><br>1. Why wasn't I told this when you took my order<br>2. Why wasn't I told this the first time you rescheduled<br>3. Why wasn't I told this the second time you rescheduled<br><br>After spending hours on the phone, no one could tell me this information. And, because they are the EXCLUSIVE provider in my area, I have no choice but to wait. I have no options at all - my only access to the Internet is via cell phone, and I have Sprint (Im not even going to begin to start on how horrible their data service is). So no, I have no other options. I have been a customer well over 10 years and this is by far the worst service I have ever received from any company I've dealt with. There will be construction in my neighborhood for at least another year or so - does this mean that I have to wait this long before I get high speed Internet in my home?<br><br>Somebody needs to contact me with concrete information as to when I will have service. I will continue to blog, blast and otherwise voice my displeasure with this experience until it is fixed. My expectations from a company that claims to truly care about their customers, is that the issue will be resolved in the most expeditious manner possible.
Background - I moved into my home, a new construction, in an up and coming sub-division in Round Rock, TX. AT&amp;T is the exclusive provider of high-speed Internet in my area, so I had no choice but to go with them. Ordered service and had a scheduled installation date of 8/27. Received a phone call the evening of 8/26 indicating that the due to &quot;engineering problems&quot; my appointment had to be rescheduled for another date. I work from home - I NEED Internet access, so obviously I was a little peeved that I got this call THE NIGHT BEFORE.<br><br>Called the following morning to find out what happened. No one could give me any answer as to why the appt got rescheduled. Asked when my installation date will be. Still no answer. Was told that at the time, they couldn't give me an exact date. Was asked to call back in a week to see if there were any updates. A week later, I called back, same issue. No one could tell me why the appointment had been rescheduled and no one knew what my new installation appointment was. I was beyond upset. At this point, I refused to get off the phone until someone could give me answers. 45 minutes later and after being transferred several times, I was finally told that there was an issue with how the order was placed and that my new installation date would be 9/12.<br><br>I called back everyday leading up to the 12th to ensure that all was well. Was told by everyone I spoke to that everything was on track. On the night of the 11th, received a voicemail that my appointment had to be rescheduled due to engineering problems and now they have no ETA as to when installation can occur. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!<br><br>Called first thing the next morning and demanded explanation. Hours of the run around, several levels of escalations later, was finally told that because there is construction going on in my neighborhood, AT&amp;T could not install my service and has no idea when they will be able to.<br><br>1. Why wasn't I told this when you took my order<br>2. Why wasn't I told this the first time you rescheduled<br>3. Why wasn't I told this the second time you rescheduled<br><br>After spending hours on the phone, no one could tell me this information. And, because they are the EXCLUSIVE provider in my area, I have no choice but to wait. I have no options at all - my only access to the Internet is via cell phone, and I have Sprint (Im not even going to begin to start on how horrible their data service is). So no, I have no other options. I have been a customer well over 10 years and this is by far the worst service I have ever received from any company I've dealt with. There will be construction in my neighborhood for at least another year or so - does this mean that I have to wait this long before I get high speed Internet in my home?<br><br>Somebody needs to contact me with concrete information as to when I will have service. I will continue to blog, blast and otherwise voice my displeasure with this experience until it is fixed. My expectations from a company that claims to truly care about their customers, is that the issue will be resolved in the most expeditious manner possible.

AT&T exclusive provider in my sub-division but won't install services

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 3:07:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T exclusive provider in my sub-division but won't install services

2 of 12 (681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 4:24:22 AM
(0)
Tutor
Hi MicCheck,

Thanks for the response. I've spoken with customer service management, customer care management and even the management in the engineering department. I'm not sending any messages that will just sit in an email queue for 24-48 hours, be assigned to a rep whose response will be "We've received your email and are looking into your issue". I may have found this to be a viable solution back in August. Im tired of the run around - being transferred from department to department, manager to manager on the phone for hours. I'm beyond that point. I need an answer TODAY - and if sending a private message can not guarantee that, I'm not wasting anymore of my time.

Hi MicCheck,

Thanks for the response. I've spoken with customer service management, customer care management and even the management in the engineering department. I'm not sending any messages that will just sit in an email queue for 24-48 hours, be assigned to a rep whose response will be "We've received your email and are looking into your issue". I may have found this to be a viable solution back in August. Im tired of the run around - being transferred from department to department, manager to manager on the phone for hours. I'm beyond that point. I need an answer TODAY - and if sending a private message can not guarantee that, I'm not wasting anymore of my time.

3 of 12 (670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 6:21:51 AM
(0)
Tutor
I thought the same thing, but after wasting another 30 mins detailing my problems in a private message, I was soon contacted by an AT&T representative who was genuinely able to help solve my issues! I'd recommend giving this avenue a shot!
I thought the same thing, but after wasting another 30 mins detailing my problems in a private message, I was soon contacted by an AT&T representative who was genuinely able to help solve my issues! I'd recommend giving this avenue a shot!

4 of 12 (655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 6:43:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hi RedJeff53,

Thanks for the response. I'll give it shot. But if I dont get a resolution today, I'm filing a complaint with the BBB and any other agency I can make a formal complaint with.

Thanks again.

Hi RedJeff53,

Thanks for the response. I'll give it shot. But if I dont get a resolution today, I'm filing a complaint with the BBB and any other agency I can make a formal complaint with.

Thanks again.

5 of 12 (649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 7:58:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

TeamMoseley5 wrote:

Hi RedJeff53,

Thanks again.

You can file those complaints if you are so inclined. 99% of those complaints go in file 13 never to be heard from again.  I have yet to figure out why people complain to the BBB when to be BBB accredited, businesses will PAY to included. Do you really think that any business that pays to be a member is going to have any negative remarks looked at?  Companies that have negative ratings from the BBB are those that don't pay the hefty fees for membership.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

TeamMoseley5 wrote:

Hi RedJeff53,

Thanks again.

You can file those complaints if you are so inclined. 99% of those complaints go in file 13 never to be heard from again.  I have yet to figure out why people complain to the BBB when to be BBB accredited, businesses will PAY to included. Do you really think that any business that pays to be a member is going to have any negative remarks looked at?  Companies that have negative ratings from the BBB are those that don't pay the hefty fees for membership.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 12 (598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 8:13:27 PM
(0)
Tutor
Well I guess I'll be apart of that 99%. Thanks for the feedback
Well I guess I'll be apart of that 99%. Thanks for the feedback

7 of 12 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 9:22:40 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi TeamMoseley5,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi TeamMoseley5,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

8 of 12 (568 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 10:50:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

I'm not sure why people are always dissuaded from complaining.  If I'm annoyed enough, I'll complain to the BBB about a company too.  For these larger companies, I think you need a higher volume of complaints before they'll act.  They just have so many customers that a single complaint is not indicative of any problem.  In this case, everyone that's had a problem should really complain.

The BBC used to respond, because I remember getting a response from them years ago.  More people need to complain to get results.

I'm not sure why people are always dissuaded from complaining.  If I'm annoyed enough, I'll complain to the BBB about a company too.  For these larger companies, I think you need a higher volume of complaints before they'll act.  They just have so many customers that a single complaint is not indicative of any problem.  In this case, everyone that's had a problem should really complain.

The BBC used to respond, because I remember getting a response from them years ago.  More people need to complain to get results.

9 of 12 (561 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 6:52:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

willchen wrote:

Never said you couldn't complain to any of the alphabet agencies, however, you will find all you are doing is wasting your time.  The bureaucracies truly don't care about 99% of the complaints.  For issues with AT&T, there have been plenty of posts that direct customers to the avenue to get their issues resolved when going through normal methods have failed.  Customer Care has proven themselves to be a blessing when customer service or technical support has fallen short.

willchen wrote:

Never said you couldn't complain to any of the alphabet agencies, however, you will find all you are doing is wasting your time.  The bureaucracies truly don't care about 99% of the complaints.  For issues with AT&T, there have been plenty of posts that direct customers to the avenue to get their issues resolved when going through normal methods have failed.  Customer Care has proven themselves to be a blessing when customer service or technical support has fallen short.

10 of 12 (533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 1:35:02 PM
(0)
Scholar
Please explain to me how complaining to the BBB is a waste of time again. You need to stop spreading that bit of misinformation. Take a look at the following forum post. http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-General-Care-and-Support/Notice-of-Dispute-Issues-with-Service/td-p...
Please explain to me how complaining to the BBB is a waste of time again. You need to stop spreading that bit of misinformation. Take a look at the following forum post. http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-General-Care-and-Support/Notice-of-Dispute-Issues-with-Service/td-p/3621345

11 of 12 (465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 7:51:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

TeamMoseley5,

I can't say i'm surprised that you have had this hard of a time getting information as I have experienced many issues with AT&T among which one is customer service and information/ misinformation. I have dealt with many other companies and have never experienced this extent of horrible customer service, lack of care and responsibility for what they say and do. If their campaign is "we care about our customers", than i have to say it is the biggest lie i've ever heard.

I made a complaint to the BBB that is still being processed as AT&T had informed them we had reached an agreement that fell through. The person who posted above me here has already provided a link to my post regarding the issues I have experienced and I will keep it updated with the results of my efforts for resolution and requests for ownership of services and practices. If you find any other places to make your issue known, or to file complaints as well as request assistance, please let me know.

I am partnering up with my local TV station too to get this information out there to the public, you might want to try that rout, most local TV stations do investigations on consumer issues. 

I find AT&T's practices and poorly trained customer service unacceptable.

Here is my forum again:

http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-General-Care-and-Support/Notice-of-Dispute-Issues-with-Service/td-p...

TeamMoseley5,

I can't say i'm surprised that you have had this hard of a time getting information as I have experienced many issues with AT&T among which one is customer service and information/ misinformation. I have dealt with many other companies and have never experienced this extent of horrible customer service, lack of care and responsibility for what they say and do. If their campaign is "we care about our customers", than i have to say it is the biggest lie i've ever heard.

I made a complaint to the BBB that is still being processed as AT&T had informed them we had reached an agreement that fell through. The person who posted above me here has already provided a link to my post regarding the issues I have experienced and I will keep it updated with the results of my efforts for resolution and requests for ownership of services and practices. If you find any other places to make your issue known, or to file complaints as well as request assistance, please let me know.

I am partnering up with my local TV station too to get this information out there to the public, you might want to try that rout, most local TV stations do investigations on consumer issues. 

I find AT&T's practices and poorly trained customer service unacceptable.

Here is my forum again:

http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-General-Care-and-Support/Notice-of-Dispute-Issues-with-Service/td-p/3621345

12 of 12 (380 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments