Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 27, 2013
7:19:12 PM
View profile
AT&T doesn't deliver what they promise

I signed up to have my service started on 01/18/13. I was promised by the nice salesman at the AT&T store that switching my service from Brighthouse to AT&T U-verse to include bundling my internet and home phone with cable would save me money and that my service would be better than what I had from Brighthouse.

First, when the technician showed up at our home he was very rude and complained the entire time he was here about how much work he had to do in order to switch us from Brighthouse to U-verse. We were told from our Salesman at the AT&T store that by bundling our service it would be $130.00 a month for the first year and he promised if I was not happy I could cancel my service. After a day or two I went to use my home phone and realized I did not have a dial tone. I called AT&T and was informed that the technician had switched our package and left off the phone in our bundled promotion. After speaking to two or three AT&T customer service representative I was finally told that they would add the phone service and that it would change my bill. I explained that I was promised a promotional price for all three and it was not my fault the technician made an error. I was told by customer service that it would be taken care of. A few days later my phone was connected and when I received by bill it was more than promised. I called again to AT&T and was told that it was because I added the phone and was billed a half cycle plus a month and that it would only be this month and then should go back to the original promised promotional price. Once again I was told it would be straightened out. At that time I also inquired about our rewards cards which were to be $350.00. I was told that they were not aware of any rewards or what was promised at the store and I would have to call another phone number.

Each time I called the rewards office it was closed. By this time it was March 2013, two months after my service started and still my bill is not correct and no information has been provided for my rewards card. I called AT&T again on 03/14/13 and spoke with a nice man named Daniel who seemed to be the only customer service representative to this point who knew how or what to do to help a customer. He listed to my problem and checked the notes in my account and said he would submit a claim to see that our account was re-bundled properly and also that he would request once that was done to resubmit this to the rewards department for the $350.00. I called back in a week or two to check the status and was told our claim was still pending and that no decision had been made regarding my account or problem. I keep calling AT&T only to be put on hold and forgotten. The most recent call was 05/24/13 when I was put on hold for 30+ minutes and then when 7:00 pm came I was disconnected. I called back only to get the recording “we are sorry this office is closed”.

I am so disgusted with the service I have received from AT&T. I have had my cell phone with AT&T for many years and certainly thought that the internet, home phone and cable package would have been handled the way my prior accounts have been with no problem. This is a sad way to treat your existing customers. I want off this contract!! And I want to be refunded for all that I have had to pay beyond my promised promotional amount. It has been almost five months and one year can’t come soon enough. At this point I would even consider paying the darn cancellation fee although they haven’t stood behind any promises they put in writing so why should I!  I have still not gotten my bill bundled the way I signed up for nor have I gotten any rewards which was supposed to be $350.00. AT&T customer service is a joke. They promise you products and then fail to deliver. I am filing a complaint with the FCC for deceptive and unlawful advertising. If you are even considering AT&T, DON’T!!

I signed up to have my service started on 01/18/13. I was promised by the nice salesman at the AT&T store that switching my service from Brighthouse to AT&T U-verse to include bundling my internet and home phone with cable would save me money and that my service would be better than what I had from Brighthouse.

First, when the technician showed up at our home he was very rude and complained the entire time he was here about how much work he had to do in order to switch us from Brighthouse to U-verse. We were told from our Salesman at the AT&T store that by bundling our service it would be $130.00 a month for the first year and he promised if I was not happy I could cancel my service. After a day or two I went to use my home phone and realized I did not have a dial tone. I called AT&T and was informed that the technician had switched our package and left off the phone in our bundled promotion. After speaking to two or three AT&T customer service representative I was finally told that they would add the phone service and that it would change my bill. I explained that I was promised a promotional price for all three and it was not my fault the technician made an error. I was told by customer service that it would be taken care of. A few days later my phone was connected and when I received by bill it was more than promised. I called again to AT&T and was told that it was because I added the phone and was billed a half cycle plus a month and that it would only be this month and then should go back to the original promised promotional price. Once again I was told it would be straightened out. At that time I also inquired about our rewards cards which were to be $350.00. I was told that they were not aware of any rewards or what was promised at the store and I would have to call another phone number.

Each time I called the rewards office it was closed. By this time it was March 2013, two months after my service started and still my bill is not correct and no information has been provided for my rewards card. I called AT&T again on 03/14/13 and spoke with a nice man named Daniel who seemed to be the only customer service representative to this point who knew how or what to do to help a customer. He listed to my problem and checked the notes in my account and said he would submit a claim to see that our account was re-bundled properly and also that he would request once that was done to resubmit this to the rewards department for the $350.00. I called back in a week or two to check the status and was told our claim was still pending and that no decision had been made regarding my account or problem. I keep calling AT&T only to be put on hold and forgotten. The most recent call was 05/24/13 when I was put on hold for 30+ minutes and then when 7:00 pm came I was disconnected. I called back only to get the recording “we are sorry this office is closed”.

I am so disgusted with the service I have received from AT&T. I have had my cell phone with AT&T for many years and certainly thought that the internet, home phone and cable package would have been handled the way my prior accounts have been with no problem. This is a sad way to treat your existing customers. I want off this contract!! And I want to be refunded for all that I have had to pay beyond my promised promotional amount. It has been almost five months and one year can’t come soon enough. At this point I would even consider paying the darn cancellation fee although they haven’t stood behind any promises they put in writing so why should I!  I have still not gotten my bill bundled the way I signed up for nor have I gotten any rewards which was supposed to be $350.00. AT&T customer service is a joke. They promise you products and then fail to deliver. I am filing a complaint with the FCC for deceptive and unlawful advertising. If you are even considering AT&T, DON’T!!

AT&T doesn't deliver what they promise

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2013 7:57:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 7am-10pm CST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 7am-10pm CST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T doesn't deliver what they promise

2 of 4 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2013 7:47:45 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi karren67,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi karren67,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

3 of 4 (269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 11:15:36 AM
(0)
Tutor
What was the end result of this? Can't just leave us hanging......
What was the end result of this? Can't just leave us hanging......

4 of 4 (156 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments