AT&T does not provide service in area, debt collection agency calling for service never provided!

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T does not provide service in area, debt collection agency calling for service never provided!

In October 2012 I called AT&T to get a quote on internet service for my new apartment. The woman told me that AT&T does not provide service in my area. I thought this was the end of it and looked for another internet provider. In August 2013, a debt collection Agency called I.C. Systems called me about a delinquent account of $150 and so change with AT&T from October 2012 to March 2013 (when the account was shutdown). I told the company I have never had an account with AT&T and that this must be a mistake.

I called AT&T about these false account, they acknowledged that service could not be provided in my area and that the account was created in error. I was told twice, once by a man on August 5, 2013 and another time by a woman named Mary on August 26, 2013 that they would flag the account and delete it from the system to avoid any further complications. I call a few days later to find that nothing has been changed and I am still an "AT&T customer" with a delinquent account on their system!

I have also discussed this issue with fraud who told me that since this account was created under my name, with my address, and SSN that it is not considered fraud, but just a “simple” error on the billing side!  I am now disputing the charges with both the debt company and AT&T. I only called to get a quote for services and now I am dealing with the never ending nightmare that might scar my credit. I am not even an AT&T customer and I was totally screwed over. I am so angry with AT&T and how they have handeled the situation thus far. Nothing has been corrected or changed. I will never use AT&T after this! 

HOW DO I GET THIS FIXED? I do not was this error to be sent to my credit company and ruining my credit score!

Message 1 of 2 (571 Views)

Re: AT&T does not provide service in area, debt collection agency calling for service never prov

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 2 (534 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.