AT&T can't find my apartment? No shows...

Contributor

AT&T can't find my apartment? No shows...

Having recently moved to Atlanta to begin graduate school, my wife and I went straight to AT&T to set up Uverse. After a lengthy process of trying to find my address, an appointment was scheduled. Come the morning of my install, no installers show up. I look up "Where's my tech" and there is no record found. I call the store throughout the morning and no answer. I finally go to the store on Satirday and spend almost and hour and a half trying to find my address. Google maps, Mapquest, USPS, and other sources all know where I live and can provide directions to my apartment. So why can AT&T not find my apartment?

Also, my wife and I will get to spend my whole first week of graduate school without Internet. This due to AT&T not knowing how to operate a GPS...

Kudos to the sales associate though. He was very helpful. BTW, I'm still standing in the AT&T store...
Message 1 of 2 (537 Views)
Contributor

Re: AT&T can't find my apartment? No shows...

Update: I am now set up for a self-install because AT&T can't find an address that is easily found by any GPS or map app. I called the main AT&T phone number and went through the same ordeal with them. Funny thing is, I asked to do the self install the first time I went to the store and they said it would be better to have an installer come. So now, I am without Internet for another week and I have to install it myself. Thanks for making Internet such a breeze AT&T.

Only reason I haven't canceled and went with another provider is because you are the only service available in my apartment complex. Now if only your installers could find it...
Message 2 of 2 (529 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.