Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 10, 2012
7:12:19 PM
AT&T ads/merchant coupons on the forum.

I'm running FF with an add-on called "Price Blink" which shows merchant coupons for many websites. It will also show lower pricing at the top of a page on many vendor sites. But usually these ads are for products and not services.

I keep Price Blink enabled all the time and usually I don't see any ads on forums. I'm also running Ad-block Plus and hardly see any ads on sites. But about a week ago I started noticing the Price Blink bar across the top of all forum pages which read, "$100 promotion card when you order an U-verse bundle online".

Then when clicking on the coupon button at the top of the page the following "Verified Coupons" appear.

When selecting the "$100 promotion card when you order U-verse online" it's shows the AT&T coupons below.

In selecting "Get this deal" on the 1st coupon it's a direct link to the below online bundles w/a $100 gift card. It should be noted the below pricing is supposed to be good for 2 years but involves signing a 1-year service agreement.

Actually I wouldn't mind signing up for a new bundle at a discounted rate but of course these are for new customers.

After a while I was tired of turning the Price Blink bar off  when visiting the forum by right clicking on the 'X' on the right side. I know I could have just disabled this add-on but use it quite a bit. Finally I clicked on "Hide Coupons for this Merchant" under the PB coupons. It asked if I wanted to quit receiving ads from this vendor for this browsing session and I clicked "yes". The ads are now completely gone not only for the browsing session but altogether.

I'm just curious if others are seeing any type of ads for AT&T or U-verse services in the forum? Believe it's something brand new since I just started seeing them.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

I'm running FF with an add-on called "Price Blink" which shows merchant coupons for many websites. It will also show lower pricing at the top of a page on many vendor sites. But usually these ads are for products and not services.

I keep Price Blink enabled all the time and usually I don't see any ads on forums. I'm also running Ad-block Plus and hardly see any ads on sites. But about a week ago I started noticing the Price Blink bar across the top of all forum pages which read, "$100 promotion card when you order an U-verse bundle online".

Then when clicking on the coupon button at the top of the page the following "Verified Coupons" appear.

When selecting the "$100 promotion card when you order U-verse online" it's shows the AT&T coupons below.

In selecting "Get this deal" on the 1st coupon it's a direct link to the below online bundles w/a $100 gift card. It should be noted the below pricing is supposed to be good for 2 years but involves signing a 1-year service agreement.

Actually I wouldn't mind signing up for a new bundle at a discounted rate but of course these are for new customers.

After a while I was tired of turning the Price Blink bar off  when visiting the forum by right clicking on the 'X' on the right side. I know I could have just disabled this add-on but use it quite a bit. Finally I clicked on "Hide Coupons for this Merchant" under the PB coupons. It asked if I wanted to quit receiving ads from this vendor for this browsing session and I clicked "yes". The ads are now completely gone not only for the browsing session but altogether.

I'm just curious if others are seeing any type of ads for AT&T or U-verse services in the forum? Believe it's something brand new since I just started seeing them.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

AT&T ads/merchant coupons on the forum.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2012 10:12:14 PM
(0)
Expert
Ya, I also run FF/Priceblink and I'm seeing the same thing.

I did the same thing -- disables coupons for this merchant.
Ya, I also run FF/Priceblink and I'm seeing the same thing.

I did the same thing -- disables coupons for this merchant.

Re: AT&T ads/merchant coupons on the forum.

2 of 3 (1,360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2012 11:50:33 PM
(0)
Master

Thanks for the response SJ. Figured you were since you let me know about the great add-on, PriceBlink! Smiley Wink

Uniblurb3

Thanks for the response SJ. Figured you were since you let me know about the great add-on, PriceBlink! Smiley Wink

Uniblurb3

Re: AT&T ads/merchant coupons on the forum.

3 of 3 (1,348 Views)