Helpful Links

AT&T Uverse HD - getting only 480p resolution

AT&T Uverse HD - getting only 480p resolution

Hi

I am an AT&T Uverse subscriber. I recently bought a 1080p full hdtv.

I subscribed for AT&T Uverse HD channels ( $10 extra)

To my shock, I saw that the HD channels are actually in 480p ( which is standard def ,not HD)

I have connected the reciever box to TV via HDMI cable

When I connect my laptop using same cable, TV clearly shows that the signal is 1080p. So its clearly issue with AT&T

I am having at at&t Motorola receiver box.

Will HD need a different box

I dont want to pay $10 extra for SD. I need HD

Please help

Thanks and Regards

Manu

Message 1 of 11
Scholar

Re: AT&T Uverse HD - getting only 480p resolution

Have you set the aspect ratio on the receiver to 1080i?  Go to menu....system options....aspect ratio or something like that.
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Menu (button)>Options>System Options>Aspect Ration

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
ACE - Guru

Is the Blue light on the front of the box?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
Master

Jeffster wrote:
Is the Blue light on the front of the box?

yep yep    green  blue  red  
Message 5 of 11
ACE - Expert

manugeorge2004 wrote:

Hi

I am an AT&T Uverse subscriber. I recently bought a 1080p full hdtv.

I subscribed for AT&T Uverse HD channels ( $10 extra)

To my shock, I saw that the HD channels are actually in 480p ( which is standard def ,not HD)

I have connected the reciever box to TV via HDMI cable

When I connect my laptop using same cable, TV clearly shows that the signal is 1080p. So its clearly issue with AT&T

I am having at at&t Motorola receiver box.

Will HD need a different box

I dont want to pay $10 extra for SD. I need HD

Please help

Thanks and Regards

Manu

All content on all HD channels is not always HD.  You get 480 SD, stretch-o-vision SD and 1080i (no p).

Tune to 1470 WealthTV, this is always HD to see if you are getting HD and that the aspect ratio is set to

1080i.  Some channels/programs are better HD than others.  Also it may not be HD even it is says it is HD

and it might be HD even if it doesn't say so.   Hope this helps. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
Message Edited by mibrnsurg on 12-17-2009 01:08 PM
Message 6 of 11

Thank You..It worked for me..
Message 7 of 11
Expert

manugeorge2004 wrote:

Thank You..It worked for me..

Was the problem solved by changing the aspect ratio on the U-verse box?

Message 8 of 11

Yes..
Message 9 of 11
Contributor

This worked for me, also.  THANK YOU!!  Someone tried to tell me that it must have something to do with the receiver, and they were right.  I did notice that once I followed this string (as you suggested) to get to where I could change it:

Menu button

Options

System Options

I also got to a screen that allowed me to select HD 720/1080i, which I selected.  I then selected 1080i.  The system then performed a test to see if this would work for my TV, and the test was successful.  I am now watching at 1080i and at my TV's capabilities.  Again, THANK YOU for the help.  It's still early in college football season, so I am excited to watch in 1080i finally!!  =D

Message 10 of 11

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support