AT&T UVerse Service

Contributor

AT&T UVerse Service

Don't you know that if your credit is not good, that AT&T refused service unless you set up 

Auto Pay with them.  I don't need anyone to treat me like a  child.  I pay my bills but 

unfortunately I fell on hard times and could not pay my student loans and they messed up

my credit and because of that, AT&T refuses to give service.   If people don't pay the bill, cut off the service, but don't try to hijack their bank accounts.    

It's not so bad not having tv service,   one less bill that I have to worry about.   But PEOPLE, if we let these companies get away with this stuff, what is next.    Don't let these companies DICTATE how you spend your money.   

Message 1 of 3 (179 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: AT&T UVerse Service

BigDis wrote:

Don't you know that if your credit is not good, that AT&T refused service unless you set up 

Auto Pay with them.  I don't need anyone to treat me like a  child.  I pay my bills but 

unfortunately I fell on hard times and could not pay my student loans and they messed up

my credit and because of that, AT&T refuses to give service.   If people don't pay the bill, cut off the service, but don't try to hijack their bank accounts.    

It's not so bad not having tv service,   one less bill that I have to worry about.   But PEOPLE, if we let these companies get away with this stuff, what is next.    Don't let these companies DICTATE how you spend your money.   

AT&T doesn't owe you service. They can set up the guidlines for who they wish to provide service to (within applicable laws, of course). AT&T could refuse service to anyone with poor credit; instead they offer an alternative to help more people. 

If you don't like it, you don't have to have their service. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (130 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T UVerse Service

[ Edited ]

Past behavior predicts future behavior.

ATT did not refuse you service.  They merely requested a payment plan that would ensure that they would get paid (auto pay).

If someone has had credit issues in the past, a creditor can only assume that there will be issues in the future. 

Some have reported that ATT will require a $450 non-refundable deposit to those that have a lowered credit score.  Perhaps that would work better for your situation.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.