Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 20, 2011
12:44:55 PM
View profile
AT&T Survey

It irritates me that I am thanked for choosing ATT on these surveys.

Actually ATT "took over" Bellsouth, where my service was before.

I didn't choose.

I had DirecTV for years, and I have Comcast at another location.

Each has it's own style, but they are all  the same.

The same old programming at high prices, loaded with fees and charges so that the price they quote you goes up by $30 or more once the bill comes in.

I would like an "a la carte" service where I can choose the channels i want and pay accordingly.

I would like internet service without advertizing getting in the way.

I only keep a land line for faxing, and would like to pay accordingly.

The survey I took reminded me several times to just comment on the service person I spoke to.

He was nice and did his best.

The reason I had to call iin the first place was that I finally decided to try renting a pay-per-view movie, but due to some technical problem with that channel the movie wouldn't play.

I called so that I wouldn't be charged anyway.

I wish ATT cared enough to address the real problem, not the blameless technician.

I didn't choose.

The same old programming at high prices, loaded with fees and charges so that the price they quote you goes up by $30 or more once the bill comes in.

I would like an "a la carte" service where I can choose the channels i want and pay accordingly.

The survey I took reminded me several times to just comment on the service person I spoke to.

The reason I had to call iin the first place was that I finally decided to try renting a pay-per-view movie, but due to some technical problem with that channel the movie wouldn't play.

I wish ATT cared enough to address the real problem, not the blameless technician.

AT&T Survey

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2011 3:51:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

artifex wrote:

I didn't choose.

Most users would only be able to afford one or two channels if it actually went to ala carte,  the prices that providers pay are based on millions of subscribers and the deals that broadcast companies make to put lesser watched channels bundled together with the more popular channels and put them in certain tiers.  Also most people wouldn't want to subscribe to the shopping channels which means there would be less of them to offer which means that those channels wouldn't be paying the provider to be placed on their system.  Less payments from users, less payments from shopping channels, much much higher cost to subscribers. 

As for internet advertising, you won't get away from it, it's the way of the future since their are less people using yellow pages, watching tv ads and listening to commercials on the radio.  Though you may not like the ads, but over 1/4 to 1/3 of a company's revenue is gained from internet ads if the marketing director and the SEO team are doing thier jobs properly.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

artifex wrote:

I didn't choose.

Most users would only be able to afford one or two channels if it actually went to ala carte,  the prices that providers pay are based on millions of subscribers and the deals that broadcast companies make to put lesser watched channels bundled together with the more popular channels and put them in certain tiers.  Also most people wouldn't want to subscribe to the shopping channels which means there would be less of them to offer which means that those channels wouldn't be paying the provider to be placed on their system.  Less payments from users, less payments from shopping channels, much much higher cost to subscribers. 

As for internet advertising, you won't get away from it, it's the way of the future since their are less people using yellow pages, watching tv ads and listening to commercials on the radio.  Though you may not like the ads, but over 1/4 to 1/3 of a company's revenue is gained from internet ads if the marketing director and the SEO team are doing thier jobs properly.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T Survey

2 of 4 (1,604 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 5:33:34 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Jul 5, 2013 at 6:33:19 AM

I Want to say Thank you very much to  Becca   ID  # {Personal content removed} to help me resolve my internect conection afer talking to four ( 4) different costumer service, She is a very honest person in help  the costumer the other  4 people before her were only talk talk talk with out  give any real help, This is message for    HER   BOSS....

Thank You  BECCA   , and  like  we say in my country    ARRIVEDERCI     e  CIAO....

I Want to say Thank you very much to  Becca   ID  # {Personal content removed} to help me resolve my internect conection afer talking to four ( 4) different costumer service, She is a very honest person in help  the costumer the other  4 people before her were only talk talk talk with out  give any real help, This is message for    HER   BOSS....

Thank You  BECCA   , and  like  we say in my country    ARRIVEDERCI     e  CIAO....

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (842 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 3:32:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

caprioli54 wrote:

Thanks for posting that positive outcome.  If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to come here and post.  There are plenty of people who are ready, willing, and able to give assistance in the form of suggestions, resources, and information.  Enjoy.

caprioli54 wrote:

Thanks for posting that positive outcome.  If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to come here and post.  There are plenty of people who are ready, willing, and able to give assistance in the form of suggestions, resources, and information.  Enjoy.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (802 Views)