AT&T'S 3 MONTH FREE PROMOS ARE B TO THE S

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T'S 3 MONTH FREE PROMOS ARE B TO THE S

[ Edited ]

I UPGRADED FROM U 200 TO 300 ON THAT TV PROMO WHERE IT SAYS UPGRADE NOW N GET 3 MONTHS FREE THATS ALL BULL  THEY PRORATE U AND THEN GIVE U MORE  BY SAYING WE BILL U A MONTH IN ADVANCED FOR UPGRADING TELL HOW THE HECK IS THAT 3 MONTHS FREE AT&T

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 1 of 6 (257 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: AT&T'S 3 MONTH FREE PROMOS ARE B TO THE S

What is supposed to happen on your first bill is this:

They prorate the cost of the new package from the day you upgrade to the end of the billing cycle (which has already been billed).  They should also prorate a credit for the amount of the difference in the packages for the same number of days.

Then, on this same first bill they will charge you for the whole month of the new service, and issue a credit for the full amount of the difference in packages.  It will look ugly, but the amount should be pretty close to the same as before.

On the second bill, you should again get a bill for a full month of the full service, and a credit for difference between your two tiers.

On the third bill, they will prorate the credit for the part of the month from the first day of your cycle to the day of the month you upgraded.

If you did not get the credit, contact AT&T Customer Care about it.   If you don't wish to continue with the new services, cancel before the three months are out.  The next bill will be even more confusing.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (252 Views)
Contributor

THANKS FOR THE INFO BUT YEA THEY DID NOT DO WHAT U SAID MY FIRST BILL WAS 115 THEN IT WAS 89 AND NOW 141 AND IT HASNT EVEN BEEN 2 FULL MONTHS YET I JST GOT SCREWED I JUST DOWNGRADED TO AVOID THE HEADACHE AND EXCUSES BY THESE AT&T MANAGERS SOME ARE GOOD BUT MOST ARE TERRIBLE

Message 3 of 6 (246 Views)
Contributor

Jeffer:

How do you cancel the promotion prior to the three months???  I have looked...

Message 4 of 6 (164 Views)
ACE - Master

trekpeddler wrote:

Jeffer:

Did you call the CS number?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6 (145 Views)
ACE - Expert

trekpeddler wrote:

Jeffer:

As skeeterintexas mentioned, you pretty much have to call 800-288-2020.  They want a chance to talk you out of it (or at least into something else).  You'll notice that channel 9910 lets you add stuff, but not remove.  The Website is pretty much the same way.

Message 6 of 6 (135 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.