Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 7, 2012
12:36:49 PM
View profile
AT&T Refuses To Remove Incorrect Charge From My Bill

AT&T is incorrectly charging me $149 for U-verse Installation, which I did not have done.  When I initially ordered U-verse, the AT&T service rep screwed up the work order, so a technician showed up expecting to install it for me.  I told him I would install it myself, and so he did not perform the installation.  He said these mistakes happen all the time, and he then called AT&T to have them correct the work order, but they told him it was "too late."  The technician emphasized that I should not be billed for the installation, since he didn't perform it, and that I should call when I got my first bill and explain.  When I did this, the nice woman I spoke to said she couldn't help me, but offered to "escalate the dispute."  I had her do this, but then AT&T simply refused to make the correction.  Any ideas how I can convince this company to remove this $149 for an installation I did not order and which they did not perform?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

AT&T is incorrectly charging me $149 for U-verse Installation, which I did not have done.  When I initially ordered U-verse, the AT&T service rep screwed up the work order, so a technician showed up expecting to install it for me.  I told him I would install it myself, and so he did not perform the installation.  He said these mistakes happen all the time, and he then called AT&T to have them correct the work order, but they told him it was "too late."  The technician emphasized that I should not be billed for the installation, since he didn't perform it, and that I should call when I got my first bill and explain.  When I did this, the nice woman I spoke to said she couldn't help me, but offered to "escalate the dispute."  I had her do this, but then AT&T simply refused to make the correction.  Any ideas how I can convince this company to remove this $149 for an installation I did not order and which they did not perform?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

AT&T Refuses To Remove Incorrect Charge From My Bill

11 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(11)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2012 1:04:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T Refuses To Remove Incorrect Charge From My Bill

2 of 12 (2,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2012 2:04:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by BrettMT on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:15:26 PM

We have the same problem with ATT billing. We had ATT come in to fix a problem where the DVR/modem was automatically rebooting. They sent a technician in the first time, the technician replaced the modem and said that the signal was weak outside and would send somebody out there to fix that. A week later, when customer service called me and asked if the problem was taken care of, we said no, that problems still persisted. The second guy came and did a series of things including some stuff outside and unplugged our modem and plugged it into another room in the house. The problem is better now but we still seem to have issues with our receivers rebooting sometimes when we try to play them. We were charged a total of $220 for a new computer outlet and a new TV outlet neither of which was installed. When we called billing, they claimed that that was what the invoice said and there was nothing they could do about it. Really? No calls to the technician to find out why the invoice said that, no confirmation on whether we were billed correctly or not, no investigation - instead a rude balnket statement to the effect of sorry - too bad, you have got to pay. I have asked for a manager to contact me - I have not heard from anyone yet. I hope ATT will resolve this problem satisfactorily.

[edited for privacy]

We have the same problem with ATT billing. We had ATT come in to fix a problem where the DVR/modem was automatically rebooting. They sent a technician in the first time, the technician replaced the modem and said that the signal was weak outside and would send somebody out there to fix that. A week later, when customer service called me and asked if the problem was taken care of, we said no, that problems still persisted. The second guy came and did a series of things including some stuff outside and unplugged our modem and plugged it into another room in the house. The problem is better now but we still seem to have issues with our receivers rebooting sometimes when we try to play them. We were charged a total of $220 for a new computer outlet and a new TV outlet neither of which was installed. When we called billing, they claimed that that was what the invoice said and there was nothing they could do about it. Really? No calls to the technician to find out why the invoice said that, no confirmation on whether we were billed correctly or not, no investigation - instead a rude balnket statement to the effect of sorry - too bad, you have got to pay. I have asked for a manager to contact me - I have not heard from anyone yet. I hope ATT will resolve this problem satisfactorily.

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
3 of 12 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2012 4:33:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The solution for you is the same as for the OP: Please click on this link to send a PM to Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers, for further assistance.  Include your account information in the PM and let him know what your issue is.  He has been able to help many that have gotten nowhere with the normal support channels.

The solution for you is the same as for the OP: Please click on this link to send a PM to Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers, for further assistance.  Include your account information in the PM and let him know what your issue is.  He has been able to help many that have gotten nowhere with the normal support channels.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 12 (2,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2013 9:02:48 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by yamiatuser on Jan 14, 2013 at 9:03:33 AM

We have had several technicians out to fix our problems regarding the dropping of connections to the internet. While these have helped some, we are still having issues with the Xbox (which requires a steady connection to the internet) staying connected to the internet. As a result, my kids cannot play on the Xbox - a service that we pay for now. Also, in some areas of the house, the wireless network is not available and we have to go to 3G and use up our data. Is anybody having this problem?

We have had several technicians out to fix our problems regarding the dropping of connections to the internet. While these have helped some, we are still having issues with the Xbox (which requires a steady connection to the internet) staying connected to the internet. As a result, my kids cannot play on the Xbox - a service that we pay for now. Also, in some areas of the house, the wireless network is not available and we have to go to 3G and use up our data. Is anybody having this problem?

Dropping internet connections

[ Edited ]
5 of 12 (1,474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2013 11:27:17 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by bauwls on Jan 14, 2013 at 11:27:56 AM

I'd recommend starting a new post with that information. The last post on this thread was from Octobor '12. Also, your issue is not a billing issue.

I'd recommend starting a new post with that information. The last post on this thread was from Octobor '12. Also, your issue is not a billing issue.

Re: Dropping internet connections

[ Edited ]
6 of 12 (1,445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2013 4:37:21 PM
(0)
Tutor
power outlet internet adapter
power outlet internet adapter

Re: Dropping internet connections

7 of 12 (1,420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2013 11:42:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had a similar situation happen to me last month. I got rid of my AT&T U-Verse cable because it didn't seem to work well in my neighborhood, yet the technicians could NEVER find anything wrong with it when they would come out for service calls. In going to another cable company, I was able to bundle by existing U-Verse internet and was given a very good deal on a one year discount for doing so. As the customer service rep for the cable company told me, there is nothing that needs to be done since I already had U-Verse internet in my home. Nonetheless, a service technician called me on my cell at work four days later saying he was at my house to install the internet service. I explained I already had internet and that I also did not set up a service appointment on a Tuesday morning when I work Mon thru Fri. The technician left the package at my home (the internet equipment) and said that from his tests I had no internet in my home. I got home that evening and indeed AT&T had turned off my internet service. The technician left me his number and he actually came back and hooked up the equipment. I was more than hot as I had not canceled the internet in the first place. Within a week I get a bill for $308.00 for install and equipment. I called about the charges and was told I had two active accounts at the same address with AT&T and I shouldn't have been given the second one (the reason the technician came to install internet as if this was a new address). I was supposed to be credited the amount of install and equipment. This only took an hour on the phone explaining it to 3 different people, the second one being crappy when it came to customer service. In essence, I still have not received the refund, and I have tried to check on it with AT&T's award winning crappy customer service agents that talk over you as you're trying to explain the situation.  This company sucks and if I can find a reputible internet company that serviced my area, they would not have my business at all.

I had a similar situation happen to me last month. I got rid of my AT&T U-Verse cable because it didn't seem to work well in my neighborhood, yet the technicians could NEVER find anything wrong with it when they would come out for service calls. In going to another cable company, I was able to bundle by existing U-Verse internet and was given a very good deal on a one year discount for doing so. As the customer service rep for the cable company told me, there is nothing that needs to be done since I already had U-Verse internet in my home. Nonetheless, a service technician called me on my cell at work four days later saying he was at my house to install the internet service. I explained I already had internet and that I also did not set up a service appointment on a Tuesday morning when I work Mon thru Fri. The technician left the package at my home (the internet equipment) and said that from his tests I had no internet in my home. I got home that evening and indeed AT&T had turned off my internet service. The technician left me his number and he actually came back and hooked up the equipment. I was more than hot as I had not canceled the internet in the first place. Within a week I get a bill for $308.00 for install and equipment. I called about the charges and was told I had two active accounts at the same address with AT&T and I shouldn't have been given the second one (the reason the technician came to install internet as if this was a new address). I was supposed to be credited the amount of install and equipment. This only took an hour on the phone explaining it to 3 different people, the second one being crappy when it came to customer service. In essence, I still have not received the refund, and I have tried to check on it with AT&T's award winning crappy customer service agents that talk over you as you're trying to explain the situation.  This company sucks and if I can find a reputible internet company that serviced my area, they would not have my business at all.

8 of 12 (1,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 2:55:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had something similar happen with ATT Uverse.  I ordered service, then ended up cancelling it before the service was ever connected due to a long string of difficulties.  I have ATT wireless for my cell phone, and I went to add a line, and they told me I could not because I had an outstanding bill for two months of service.  I have called everywhere in ATT uverse and they will not cancel the bill.  I've been an ATT cell phone customer for a very long time - since 2003.  At this point, I am wanting to cancel my contract and go with another carrier because I can't do anything with my phone due to the Uverse bill that I don't owe, and will not pay.

I had something similar happen with ATT Uverse.  I ordered service, then ended up cancelling it before the service was ever connected due to a long string of difficulties.  I have ATT wireless for my cell phone, and I went to add a line, and they told me I could not because I had an outstanding bill for two months of service.  I have called everywhere in ATT uverse and they will not cancel the bill.  I've been an ATT cell phone customer for a very long time - since 2003.  At this point, I am wanting to cancel my contract and go with another carrier because I can't do anything with my phone due to the Uverse bill that I don't owe, and will not pay.

9 of 12 (961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 6:04:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tried to contact Alex but he doesn't exist. This is typical I'm finding out, the black hole, and passing the buck. And what's with managers refusing to give their last name? See below. I tried to send this to Alex. This is the worst customer service I've experienced for a long, long time. It's become harrasment combined with rudeness and inefficiency.  

"Hi,

On 10-17-13 I signed up for U-verse. On 10-21-13 I discontinued service due to the slow upload speeds. I was assured there would be no charge. I sent the equipment back on 10-25-13.

I received a bill a while later and called customer supprt, and talked to Gloria. No last name. She saw the discrepancy and 0'd out the account. She said there was no charge, and the equipment had been received. 

Now yesterday I get another bill for $103.79. I go to the corporate store in Rancho San Diego on Jamacha in San Diego County. The manager doesn't understand the issue but 0's out the account. He won't print me a copy. He refuses to give me his last name. All I get is Calvin B. 

I don't want any more bills. And specifically no past due charges or other escalations.

Can you help me out here?"

I tried to contact Alex but he doesn't exist. This is typical I'm finding out, the black hole, and passing the buck. And what's with managers refusing to give their last name? See below. I tried to send this to Alex. This is the worst customer service I've experienced for a long, long time. It's become harrasment combined with rudeness and inefficiency.  

"Hi,

On 10-17-13 I signed up for U-verse. On 10-21-13 I discontinued service due to the slow upload speeds. I was assured there would be no charge. I sent the equipment back on 10-25-13.

I received a bill a while later and called customer supprt, and talked to Gloria. No last name. She saw the discrepancy and 0'd out the account. She said there was no charge, and the equipment had been received. 

Now yesterday I get another bill for $103.79. I go to the corporate store in Rancho San Diego on Jamacha in San Diego County. The manager doesn't understand the issue but 0's out the account. He won't print me a copy. He refuses to give me his last name. All I get is Calvin B. 

I don't want any more bills. And specifically no past due charges or other escalations.

Can you help me out here?"

10 of 12 (734 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 8:09:47 PM
(0)

HI jeffrito,

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are having. 

The earlier reference to contacting Alex is over a year old and since that time the procedure has changed.

I would recommend that you send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.   They are generally available between 7am-10pm CST and should be able to help you.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

HI jeffrito,

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are having. 

The earlier reference to contacting Alex is over a year old and since that time the procedure has changed.

I would recommend that you send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.   They are generally available between 7am-10pm CST and should be able to help you.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

11 of 12 (724 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 8:09:55 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @jeffrito 

I'm very sorry for the issues you're having with AT&T. We can help you with that! Like Phil suggested, please send a message to our ATTCustomerCare team by clicking here. Please include your first name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @jeffrito 

I'm very sorry for the issues you're having with AT&T. We can help you with that! Like Phil suggested, please send a message to our ATTCustomerCare team by clicking here. Please include your first name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

12 of 12 (684 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments