Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 8, 2013
6:22:08 PM
View profile
AT&T New Equipment Lineup List(Motorola NVG589, VAP2500, VIP2500, and Pace 5031)
Edited by Darknessrise on May 8, 2013 at 7:21:25 PM

Motorola NVG589  VDSL2+ Gateway

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/NVG589-Replacement-Battery/m-NVG589-Replacement-Battery,en_US,p...

http://certifications.wi-fi.org/pdf_certificate.php?cid=WFA16256

http://www.att.com/media/att/2013/support/pdf/att123520853_internet_voice_nvg589.pdf

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&called...

http://www.att.com/media/att/2013/support/pdf/att130950864_u-verse_wireless_gateway_replacement.pdf

-It's 2x2 wireless N with 300 Mbps with no dual band

-VDSL2

-Pair Bonding

-Can do HPNA

-Triple Play Gateway

-Doesn't require an external battery backup

-VDSL2

-Pair Bonding

-Can do HPNA

-Triple Play Gateway

-VDSL2

-Pair Bonding

-Can do HPNA

-Triple Play Gateway

Pace 5031 ADSL2+ Gateway(Pending)?

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/att122090839_uv_double_play_internet_voice_pace_5...

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/att122090838_uv_single_play_internet_pace_5031.pd...

Motorola VAP2500 Wireless Access Point

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&calledFromFrame=Y&applica...

http://certifications.wi-fi.org/pdf_certificate.php?cid=WFA18369

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/VAP2500_quick_start_guide_588457_001_a.pdf

- 3x3 5 GHz only

Motorola VIP2500 Wireless Receiver

- No found details currently except that it pairs with the VAP2500.

PICTURE FEATURING NVG589, VAP2500, AND VIP2500

Motorola VAP2500

Motorola NVG589

Motorola VIP2500(Guide Picture Only)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Motorola NVG589  VDSL2+ Gateway

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/NVG589-Replacement-Battery/m-NVG589-Replacement-Battery,en_US,pd.html

http://certifications.wi-fi.org/pdf_certificate.php?cid=WFA16256

http://www.att.com/media/att/2013/support/pdf/att123520853_internet_voice_nvg589.pdf

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=876244&fcc_id=GZ5NVG589

http://www.att.com/media/att/2013/support/pdf/att130950864_u-verse_wireless_gateway_replacement.pdf

-VDSL2

-Pair Bonding

-Can do HPNA

-Triple Play Gateway

-VDSL2

-Pair Bonding

-Can do HPNA

-Triple Play Gateway

-VDSL2

-Pair Bonding

-Can do HPNA

-Triple Play Gateway

Pace 5031 ADSL2+ Gateway(Pending)?

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/att122090839_uv_double_play_internet_voice_pace_5031.pdf

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/att122090838_uv_single_play_internet_pace_5031.pdf

Motorola VAP2500 Wireless Access Point

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&calledFromFrame=Y&application_id=692694&fcc_id=ACQ-VAP2500

http://certifications.wi-fi.org/pdf_certificate.php?cid=WFA18369

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/VAP2500_quick_start_guide_588457_001_a.pdf

- 3x3 5 GHz only

Motorola VIP2500 Wireless Receiver

- No found details currently except that it pairs with the VAP2500.

PICTURE FEATURING NVG589, VAP2500, AND VIP2500

Motorola VAP2500

Motorola NVG589

Motorola VIP2500(Guide Picture Only)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

AT&T New Equipment Lineup List(Motorola NVG589, VAP2500, VIP2500, and Pace 5031)

[ Edited ]
16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2013 7:50:56 AM
(0)
Voyager

Any word on availability of this router to current Uverse subscribers?

I could really use the Gig-E ports on this for my wired network in my home.

Re: AT&T New Equipment Lineup List(Motorola NVG589, VAP2500, VIP2500, and Pace 5031)

2 of 17 (16,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2013 2:41:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ryanwgregg wrote:

No clue. I got mixed results from AT&T "Claiming" I could get it while others had no clue what I was talking about Smiley Tongue.

ryanwgregg wrote:

No clue. I got mixed results from AT&T "Claiming" I could get it while others had no clue what I was talking about Smiley Tongue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T New Equipment Lineup List(Motorola NVG589, VAP2500, VIP2500, and Pace 5031)

3 of 17 (16,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2013 3:47:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

In the FCC pdf, it states 130Mbps wireless, if S/N was poor it would revert back to 11Mbps, not the 300 Mbps.

The 'n' standard lists a max of 150Mbps on 5 or 2.4 Ghz, a draft standard will go slightly higher. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

In the FCC pdf, it states 130Mbps wireless, if S/N was poor it would revert back to 11Mbps, not the 300 Mbps.

The 'n' standard lists a max of 150Mbps on 5 or 2.4 Ghz, a draft standard will go slightly higher. Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

4 of 17 (16,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2013 6:27:49 AM
(0)
Voyager

Darknessrise wrote:

ryanwgregg wrote:

I chatted yesterday once I found your thread and the lady who I chattd with said that Uverse subscribers should receive a post card in the mail when they are available to be upgraded to. She was ready to do it but she said they can't be ordered right now.

Darknessrise wrote:

ryanwgregg wrote:

I chatted yesterday once I found your thread and the lady who I chattd with said that Uverse subscribers should receive a post card in the mail when they are available to be upgraded to. She was ready to do it but she said they can't be ordered right now.

5 of 17 (16,668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2013 12:25:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Darknessrise on May 13, 2013 at 1:07:31 PM

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

The 130 N is the 20 MHz of 300 N. I saw an option for 40 MHz in the manual so maybe it's just an error?

N can go up to 600 Mbps I believe with 4x4. Unless you're talking about the max per stream.

@ryanwgregg

Hope she's right Smiley Happy.

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

The 130 N is the 20 MHz of 300 N. I saw an option for 40 MHz in the manual so maybe it's just an error?

N can go up to 600 Mbps I believe with 4x4. Unless you're talking about the max per stream.

@ryanwgregg

Hope she's right Smiley Happy.

[ Edited ]
6 of 17 (16,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2013 9:48:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

Do you know if these will be able to work in true bridge mode and bypass the limitations of the 2wire?

Jamie

Do you know if these will be able to work in true bridge mode and bypass the limitations of the 2wire?

Jamie

7 of 17 (16,533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2013 12:07:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jamiedolan wrote:

Jamie

The NVG589 will have an "IP Passthrough" mode. Not sure about the Pace 5031 or the Pace VDSL modems(If they plan to use those too).

jamiedolan wrote:

Jamie

The NVG589 will have an "IP Passthrough" mode. Not sure about the Pace 5031 or the Pace VDSL modems(If they plan to use those too).

8 of 17 (16,490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2013 8:43:08 AM
(0)

Anyone able to determine the default user name/pass for the VAP2500?

Anyone able to determine the default user name/pass for the VAP2500?

9 of 17 (16,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2013 7:11:19 PM
(0)
Employee

Pace 5031 will be a replacement for the 3600 so it's just VDSL for Internet and VOIP.  Haven't seen much on it though beyond that though.  Software should be similar to current 3800/3801 with minor tweaks to bring up to new vision for layout.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Pace 5031 will be a replacement for the 3600 so it's just VDSL for Internet and VOIP.  Haven't seen much on it though beyond that though.  Software should be similar to current 3800/3801 with minor tweaks to bring up to new vision for layout.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 17 (16,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2013 7:53:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Darknessrise on May 27, 2013 at 7:53:24 PM

unrtechie wrote:

Thanks, I actually forgot to post that. Someone on Dslreports.com pointed that out to me. Wish I could edit my posts to reflect it though(Unless a mod wants to change it for me Smiley Very Happy).

unrtechie wrote:

Thanks, I actually forgot to post that. Someone on Dslreports.com pointed that out to me. Wish I could edit my posts to reflect it though(Unless a mod wants to change it for me Smiley Very Happy).

[ Edited ]
11 of 17 (16,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2013 8:46:40 AM
(0)

Pace 5031NV has 2x2 Wireless N and is capable of 40Mhz

Pace 5031NV has 2x2 Wireless N and is capable of 40Mhz

12 of 17 (15,802 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2013 8:48:45 AM
(0)

Pace website states that the 5031 has IGMP snooping/caching necessary for video, however upon testing it seems ATT has disabled this.  TVs play for about 15sec then cut out. Also the manufacturer says it is and ADSL/VDSL modem, so this may work on IPDSLAM also.

Pace website states that the 5031 has IGMP snooping/caching necessary for video, however upon testing it seems ATT has disabled this.  TVs play for about 15sec then cut out. Also the manufacturer says it is and ADSL/VDSL modem, so this may work on IPDSLAM also.

13 of 17 (15,800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 8:31:04 AM
(0)

The Pace 5031NV does work on IPDSLAM. Tested yesterday.

14 of 17 (15,424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 6:04:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Darknessrise on Jun 13, 2013 at 6:05:23 PM

drumboy35 wrote:

Hmm, maybe it may be used for both non TV VDSL2_ installs along with IPDSLAM then while replacing both the 3600/510?

Equipment Update: The Cisco VEN501/ISB7105 will be probably used with U-verse too. The ISB7105 has U-verse labeling.

drumboy35 wrote:

Hmm, maybe it may be used for both non TV VDSL2_ installs along with IPDSLAM then while replacing both the 3600/510?

Equipment Update: The Cisco VEN501/ISB7105 will be probably used with U-verse too. The ISB7105 has U-verse labeling.

[ Edited ]
15 of 17 (15,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 9:56:08 AM
(0)
Tutor
The nvg589 is/was in limited rollout. It takes two pairs of wires for it to run, so it does take a premise tech to find a spare pair and join them in. There is distance limitation from the VRAD in your neighborhood, no I don't remember the distance. The gigabit ports are nice however there is catch, if you have mix of devices 10/100/1000 don't hook them directly into the 589. The internal speed switching is not as good as it could be. I put a netgear gs108 switch in so the speed switching between my 100M/1000M was offloaded to the switch. My wife was very happy as her work laptop was not running faster. I've been told the same speed switching problem exists with wireless so offloading that to your own wireless N router could be a solution. Now if you're strictly N level wirelss should be no difference.

Mike
The nvg589 is/was in limited rollout. It takes two pairs of wires for it to run, so it does take a premise tech to find a spare pair and join them in. There is distance limitation from the VRAD in your neighborhood, no I don't remember the distance. The gigabit ports are nice however there is catch, if you have mix of devices 10/100/1000 don't hook them directly into the 589. The internal speed switching is not as good as it could be. I put a netgear gs108 switch in so the speed switching between my 100M/1000M was offloaded to the switch. My wife was very happy as her work laptop was not running faster. I've been told the same speed switching problem exists with wireless so offloading that to your own wireless N router could be a solution. Now if you're strictly N level wirelss should be no difference.

Mike

16 of 17 (7,246 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 8:37:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Darknessrise on Jan 26, 2014 at 8:47:35 AM

mdparkhill wrote:

Mike

You can run the NVG589 without two pairs. You just need to set it to single pair mode.

Update: New NVG599

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Motorola-NVG599-New-Gateway-Wireless-AC/td-p/3877017

Full List of 2013/2014 U-verse Equipment:

Motorola NVG589 - 2x2 300 Mbps N gateway Gigabit Ethernet

Motorola VAP2500 - Wireless STB 4x4 N Access Point

Motorola VIP2500 - Wireless STB

Pace 5031NV - 2x2 300 Mbps N gateway 100 Mbps ethernet

Motorola NVG599 - 2x2 300 Mbps N/3x3 1300 Mbps AC Gateway Gigabit Ethernet

Cisco VEN501 - See VAP2500

Pace 5168NV - 2x2 300 Mbps N Gigabit Ethernet

Cisco ISB7105 - See VIP2500

Motorola NM55(business)

Motorola NVG595(business) - 2x2 300+300 Mbps N

Pace IPH8005 - 500 GB DVR

I don't know what the 1 TB gigapower DVR is Smiley Sad

mdparkhill wrote:

Mike

You can run the NVG589 without two pairs. You just need to set it to single pair mode.

Update: New NVG599

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Motorola-NVG599-New-Gateway-Wireless-AC/td-p/3877017

Full List of 2013/2014 U-verse Equipment:

Motorola NVG589 - 2x2 300 Mbps N gateway Gigabit Ethernet

Motorola VAP2500 - Wireless STB 4x4 N Access Point

Motorola VIP2500 - Wireless STB

Pace 5031NV - 2x2 300 Mbps N gateway 100 Mbps ethernet

Motorola NVG599 - 2x2 300 Mbps N/3x3 1300 Mbps AC Gateway Gigabit Ethernet

Cisco VEN501 - See VAP2500

Pace 5168NV - 2x2 300 Mbps N Gigabit Ethernet

Cisco ISB7105 - See VIP2500

Motorola NM55(business)

Motorola NVG595(business) - 2x2 300+300 Mbps N

Pace IPH8005 - 500 GB DVR

I don't know what the 1 TB gigapower DVR is Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
17 of 17 (6,581 Views)