AT&T New Equipment Lineup List(Motorola NVG589, VAP2500, VIP2500, and Pace 5031)

ACE - Professor

AT&T New Equipment Lineup List(Motorola NVG589, VAP2500, VIP2500, and Pace 5031)

[ Edited ]

Motorola NVG589  VDSL2+ Gateway

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/NVG589-Replacement-Battery/m-NVG589-Replacement-Battery,en_US,p...

http://certifications.wi-fi.org/pdf_certificate.php?cid=WFA16256

http://www.att.com/media/att/2013/support/pdf/att123520853_internet_voice_nvg589.pdf

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&called...

http://www.att.com/media/att/2013/support/pdf/att130950864_u-verse_wireless_gateway_replacement.pdf

-It's 2x2 wireless N with 300 Mbps with no dual band

-VDSL2

-Pair Bonding

-Can do HPNA

-Triple Play Gateway

-Doesn't require an external battery backup

-VDSL2

-Pair Bonding

-Can do HPNA

-Triple Play Gateway

-VDSL2

-Pair Bonding

-Can do HPNA

-Triple Play Gateway

Pace 5031 ADSL2+ Gateway(Pending)?

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/att122090839_uv_double_play_internet_voice_pace_5...

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/att122090838_uv_single_play_internet_pace_5031.pd...

Motorola VAP2500 Wireless Access Point

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&calledFromFrame=Y&applica...

http://certifications.wi-fi.org/pdf_certificate.php?cid=WFA18369

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/VAP2500_quick_start_guide_588457_001_a.pdf

- 3x3 5 GHz only

Motorola VIP2500 Wireless Receiver

- No found details currently except that it pairs with the VAP2500.

PICTURE FEATURING NVG589, VAP2500, AND VIP2500

Motorola VAP2500

Motorola NVG589

Motorola VIP2500(Guide Picture Only)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 17 (17,071 Views)
Voyager

Re: AT&T New Equipment Lineup List(Motorola NVG589, VAP2500, VIP2500, and Pace 5031)

Any word on availability of this router to current Uverse subscribers?

I could really use the Gig-E ports on this for my wired network in my home.

Message 2 of 17 (16,910 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: AT&T New Equipment Lineup List(Motorola NVG589, VAP2500, VIP2500, and Pace 5031)

ryanwgregg wrote:

No clue. I got mixed results from AT&T "Claiming" I could get it while others had no clue what I was talking about Smiley Tongue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 17 (16,890 Views)
ACE - Expert

In the FCC pdf, it states 130Mbps wireless, if S/N was poor it would revert back to 11Mbps, not the 300 Mbps.

The 'n' standard lists a max of 150Mbps on 5 or 2.4 Ghz, a draft standard will go slightly higher. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 4 of 17 (16,887 Views)
Voyager

Darknessrise wrote:

ryanwgregg wrote:

No clue. I got mixed results from AT&T "Claiming" I could get it while others had no clue what I was talking about Smiley Tongue.

I chatted yesterday once I found your thread and the lady who I chattd with said that Uverse subscribers should receive a post card in the mail when they are available to be upgraded to. She was ready to do it but she said they can't be ordered right now.

Message 5 of 17 (16,843 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

mibrnsurg wrote:

In the FCC pdf, it states 130Mbps wireless, if S/N was poor it would revert back to 11Mbps, not the 300 Mbps.

The 'n' standard lists a max of 150Mbps on 5 or 2.4 Ghz, a draft standard will go slightly higher. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

The 130 N is the 20 MHz of 300 N. I saw an option for 40 MHz in the manual so maybe it's just an error?

N can go up to 600 Mbps I believe with 4x4. Unless you're talking about the max per stream.

@ryanwgregg

Hope she's right Smiley Happy.

Message 6 of 17 (16,779 Views)
Scholar

Do you know if these will be able to work in true bridge mode and bypass the limitations of the 2wire?

Jamie

Message 7 of 17 (16,708 Views)
ACE - Professor

jamiedolan wrote:

Do you know if these will be able to work in true bridge mode and bypass the limitations of the 2wire?

Jamie

The NVG589 will have an "IP Passthrough" mode. Not sure about the Pace 5031 or the Pace VDSL modems(If they plan to use those too).

Message 8 of 17 (16,665 Views)
Anonymous

Anyone able to determine the default user name/pass for the VAP2500?

Message 9 of 17 (16,323 Views)
Employee

Pace 5031 will be a replacement for the 3600 so it's just VDSL for Internet and VOIP.  Haven't seen much on it though beyond that though.  Software should be similar to current 3800/3801 with minor tweaks to bring up to new vision for layout.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 17 (16,212 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

unrtechie wrote:

Pace 5031 will be a replacement for the 3600 so it's just VDSL for Internet and VOIP.  Haven't seen much on it though beyond that though.  Software should be similar to current 3800/3801 with minor tweaks to bring up to new vision for layout.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Thanks, I actually forgot to post that. Someone on Dslreports.com pointed that out to me. Wish I could edit my posts to reflect it though(Unless a mod wants to change it for me Smiley Very Happy).

Message 11 of 17 (16,200 Views)
Anonymous

Pace 5031NV has 2x2 Wireless N and is capable of 40Mhz

Message 12 of 17 (15,977 Views)
Anonymous

Pace website states that the 5031 has IGMP snooping/caching necessary for video, however upon testing it seems ATT has disabled this.  TVs play for about 15sec then cut out. Also the manufacturer says it is and ADSL/VDSL modem, so this may work on IPDSLAM also.

Message 13 of 17 (15,975 Views)
Anonymous

The Pace 5031NV does work on IPDSLAM. Tested yesterday.

Message 14 of 17 (15,599 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

drumboy35 wrote:

The Pace 5031NV does work on IPDSLAM. Tested yesterday.

Hmm, maybe it may be used for both non TV VDSL2_ installs along with IPDSLAM then while replacing both the 3600/510?

Equipment Update: The Cisco VEN501/ISB7105 will be probably used with U-verse too. The ISB7105 has U-verse labeling.

Message 15 of 17 (15,527 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.